We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

hello travel experts ,

me and hubby planning for this trip in october.

i have planned my bali travel for 6 days (this is not final but draft plan).

1st day we arriving at 9am and departing on 6th day at 4pm

all corrections / additions / suggestions welcome.

1 st and 2nd day we will be in ubud.

————————————— day 3—————————————Nusa Penida

Bali to Nusa Penida ferry via Sanur

Crystal Bay

Broken Beach

Angel’s Billabong

---------------------------day 4—————————————Nusa Penida

Buyuk

Kelingking Beach

OR

leave early for Nusa Lembongan.

blue lagoon

driftwood bar

secret beach

go back to nusa penida

---------------------------day 5

Nusa Penida to Bali

---------------------------day 6

Bali -- departure in evening

thanks in advance

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

hello all nusa penida experts ,

please reply

thanks in advance

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

Penida is large and will need time to see it, so leave Lembongan out.... unless you leave from there instead of going back to Penida.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

hello GREGdMelbourne

thanks for your reply :)

can we do it like below

Sanurfor to Nusa Lembongan by ferry. visit blue lagoon , secret beach , yellow bridge visit , some snorkelling then stay at Nusa Lembongan.

next day leave early for Nusa Penida visit Crystal Bay , Broken Beach, Angel’s Billabong and if possible Buyuk

and Kelingking Beach stay at Nusa Penida.

Nusa Penida to Bali by morning ferry.

thanks in advance :)

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

That seems ok except Buyuk is other side of Penida from Crystal Bay etc.

Also Blue Lagoon is on Ceningan and unless you ride a scooter, you have very few transport options to get there.

It will require a lot of research to make it all happen but it should be possible. Personally I would just focus on seeing Lembongan with a snorkel trip to Crystal Bay and forget about Penida land tour until you have more time.... 6 days is not much to do Bali and NL and NP.....

Munich
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

agree with Greg. @Shruti, it is genrally better to select a place or 2 and relax and watch the sun go down. All this running around and you may miss whats going on. but if thats what you like it would be great. you will need to ride a scooter, as you are experienced it should be easy.

personally, i like to go around and watch cliffs and sea crashing into them while munchig my sandwich ;-)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

hello GREGdMelbourne and manjuv123

thanks for your information about these lovely islands.

we are planning to make nusa ceningam as our base.

will reach to Lembongan from sanur visit some places like secret beach then will go to Ceningan and checkin into hotel and visit places near blue lagoon .

next day will leave early for penida by boat and visit Crystal Bay , Broken Beach, Angel’s Billabong some snorkelling .

come back to Ceningan. next day leave to sanur.

what you guys think about this ? i mean making Ceningan as our base .

can we get boat for sanur from yellow bridge ? or we need to go to Lembongan?

thanks in advance

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

Why did you choose Ceningan as a base? It is a lovely island but be aware tourist amenities are very basic, but for the time you are there it should be ok.

Do you plan to do a land tour of Penida when you land at Crystal Bay?

Fastboats to Sanur leave from the other side of Lembongan... not bridge side.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

hello GREGdMelbourne,

we are still planning which one to make our base.

out travel will be to and from Sanur.

places we want to visit listed below . what you will suggest me for our base if we want to visit below places?

Crystal Bay

Broken Beach

Angel’s Billabong

blue lagoon

secret beach

some snorkelling

mangroves if possible.

thanks in advance.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
130 reviews
9. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

Your plan in post 6 is good if you can make it happen. You would need travel by land from Crystal Bay to see the other sights.

Ceningan is nice but you don't get the choice of restaurants etc that you do on Lembongan, this may not matter to you, just making you aware.

Don't forget to see Devils Tear also.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: 6 days bali tour in october - 2 and half days in nusa penida

Hi Shruti

I read the post threads and have a few things to add...

I would go Sanur to Lembongan. See the sights in Lembongan, the island is only 8km square in size so everything is pretty accessible in quick time. They are well versed in tourism and there are plenty of places to eat and drink and to get accommodation. Ceningan is smaller and way less touristy, i would probably not make this my base but would go there for a look for sure.

Next day leave and go to Yellow bridge (which joins Lembongan and Ceningan), take a local boat to Toyapakeh village on Nusa Penida. N.P. is 200km square in area - it;s big!

I would base myself here as it is very central. In walking distance of beach, ATM, warungs, fast boat back to Sanur, market and supermarkets.

Do a day tour to the biggest attractions which are KELINGKING VIEWPOINT (you can hike down to the beach below but it is classed as extreme so be careful). Then move on to BROKEN BEACH & ANGEL BILLABONG and then to CRYSTAL BAY. You can snorkel off the beach at crystal bay and its good for sunset being in the west. This is a day tour and very achievable.

Next day i would recommend a snorkel trip. The boats take you to 4 or 5 spots which includes MANTA BAY where you can snorkel with giant mantas. World class corals and fishes and you won't be disappointed.

If snorkelling is not your thing then i would recommend another day trip down the east coast to ATUH BEACH, great for sunrise and again you can hike down the steps to the beach and spend some time there. On the way back stop in at PURA GOA GIRI PUTRI - cave temple. And then have lunch on the road at a nice little warung on the way back. This is another day trip.

Explore by scooter or get a driver to take you on their scooter or hire a car and driver to take you around.

The island is referred to as "Bali 20 years ago" as tourism is just starting to take off and the people are really genuine and love to show you their island. No one departs early, most people stay longer than planned - its that kind of place.

I would recommend getting a boat back to Sanur from N.P. its cheaper also than going from Lembongan back to Sanur.

Hope this info helps. Enjoy your stay in Bali!