We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for Elephantastic?

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Cost for Elephantastic?

I am trying to budget for my trip to India, but cannot find the cost for the elephant experience at Elephantastic. Can anyone provide me with that information? Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

Hi

900 rupees each at amber fort and two peoples can sit on same price.

Thx

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

Rakeshji, she is asking the cost of Elefantastic and not the cost of the elephant ride at Amer Fort.

klthomps, why don't you ask them directly? They have different types of options with different prices: http://elefantastic.in/

Venice, Ca
Level Contributor
71 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

Just a general comment about Elephant adventures like this:

I've really wanted to ride elephants and for my upcoming trip to Jaipur, I of course turned to Tripadvisor. I see this is a #1 rated activity. However, there is a very good article called "Why Elephant Riding Should Be Removed from your Bucket List" which details the fact that elephants must be aggressively, violently, and inhumanely "broken" when they are young, to allow people to ride on them, paint, etc. I'm in no way affiliated with this author, but it makes sense. Even if all of the article isn't true, if even a minuscule of it is true, I'd avoid this activity.

I asked Elefantastic about how they raise their young elephants, about their breaking in process, and whether the weight of passengers was considered, and asked for general thoughts. He first responded via email asking me if I worked for Elephant Nature Park or Boon Loot's Elephant Sanctuary. When I told him no, he sent me another email basically advertising the elephant adventure, but did not address my questions. I presume that is a bad sign and wanted to share my thoughts with you before you make a decision.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

It will cost you around 5000 rs per person for the complete day activity

Perth
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

The website carefully avoids mentioning the cost.

The cost is Rs5,000/- per person ie approx USD90 !!!! Pretty pricey I think.

Edited: 9:28 am, April 15, 2014
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

Hi,

Yes, the cost per person is Rs. 5000/- at Elephantastic in Hathi Goan (Elephant Village). There are lots of activities included in the package i.e giving bath, giving food to elephants, to paint them etc. For the elephant lovers it is nice fun.

Thanks

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

check tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d25…

this is wrong forum .

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
8. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

@ klthomps

there are more options

1) Dera Amer Elephant Safari (website: http://deraamer.com/) - tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d65…

2) Elephantacy (http://www.elefantasy.org) - tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d38…

3) Elefantastic (http://elefantastic.in/) - tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d25…

Edited: 5:01 am, May 24, 2014
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
9. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

@ klthomps - The cost of Elefantastic is rs.5000 per person for below activities with Elephant

Up close & personal with the Elephants - (Starts at 2 pm until 7 pm)

Introduction: First contact is always important! When meeting an elephant for the first time you have to let them catch your smell. Make them feel comfortable by stroking and talking to them while looking into their eyes. Let the elephant feel your energy and spirit.

Elephant language: You might be surprised to know that there is a certain language to communicate with the elephants. To be able to understand them you have to learn the basics of this language.

Feeding: You might have heard of the saying “love goes through the stomach”? Well, elephants are no exception. Feeding is the easiest way to gain their trust. For a couple of hours you will get a chance to feed them while learning their feeding habits, and what they enjoy eating the most.

Painting: Learn about the completely natural paint that is used to paint the thick elephant skin. Learn how to create a traditional painting on the elephants face. If your not great at drawing don’t worry, we can paint the outlines on their face if you like and then you fill in the gaps with the colors of your choice.

Bareback Ride : We’d like to offer our guests a chance to ride our elephants without a saddle. Most elephant rides incorporate a large saddle, which offers some added comfort, which many guests prefer, but for an even closer experience with our elephants we’ll teach you how to ride without the saddle. Learn how to ride on its neck, and communicate through different spoken commands

Washing : In the late afternoon it is time to get up on the elephant back (Bareback) for a ride to the Elephant Lake. The lake is located just next to the farm and once there you will swim, wash and scrub the elephants. and play with them.

A Walk: After the Introduction, Feeding and Painting there is nothing more pleasant than a sunset jungle safari. Around 5 pm you will take a relaxing one hour ride through the amazing jungle.

About the Jungle: Please read this section carefully, and do not expect to see a lot of wildlife like the African jungles. We are in Rajasthan, which is a very dry state of India, you may see some animals and you may not, unfortunately I cant make any promises as these are wild animals. The Jungle Safari passes by the Tiger Rescue Center, where sometimes the tigers are outside, sometimes not however you can almost always hear them in the background of your safari ride.

During the safari you will have a great opportunity to get closer not only to nature but also some of the animals we have in the local area. Of course there are many birds living here, some of the species you might be lucky enough to spot are the Golden Oriole, the Asian Paradise Flycatcher and the Black Shouldered Kite. Among many other birds the most fabulous is by far the Peacock, which thrives in this area. Not once have we experienced a tour without seeing Peacocks. Jackals and Antelopes are usual visitors on our tours, and occasionally the Hyena and the Wolf have also been known to show themselves off to our guests. If you are lucky you might even get to see a Leopard, all this while moving smoothly on the top of your elephant.

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Cost for Elephantastic?

there are so many organization provide elephant activities which is more nicer and cheap as well that's worth not more then 3500 INR.

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d63… Eleday

have very nice park with lots of additional

enjoy your trip and elephant

Reply to: Cost for Elephantastic?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jajpur