We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacking 16/07 to 14/08 Chiapas + Riviera Maya - anyone?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mexico
3 posts
Save Topic
Backpacking 16/07 to 14/08 Chiapas + Riviera Maya - anyone?

Hi everyone,

I'm 25 (french) and will be backpacking around chiapas for 3 weeks or so before going back up to the riviera maya for a week, between the 16th of July and the 14th of August. I havent got a fixed itinary but i plan on going to palenque, agua azul, agua clara, san cristobal de las casas, yaxchilan as well as cozumel, tulum and isla mujeres. If you're interested in meeting up / doing something similar, let me know :)

Tania

Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacking 16/07 to 14/08 Chiapas + Riviera Maya - anyone?

Hey Tania...

I'll be in Palenque from July 10th for a few weeks... ive travelled around the whole area before so i have a decent idea of where to go and how to get around.

I will be staying at the "Maya Bell" campgrounds in Palenque.. it is the closest accomodation to the ruins. Come track me down if you like and we can maybe travel a bit... just look for the australian guy with short hair and lots of tattoos... thats me! :)

Wayde.

Mexico
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpacking 16/07 to 14/08 Chiapas + Riviera Maya - anyone?

Hi Wayne,

Im sure you're very unique with your tattoos, ozzie accent and all but although i've never been yet i'm pretty sure Chiapas is big! However, i will try and "track you down"! if you see a blonde smallish frenchy, it should be me so just wave! ;)

see you...maybe? :)

Tan

3. Re: Backpacking 16/07 to 14/08 Chiapas + Riviera Maya - anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 02, 2009