We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

Hiya,

I'm travelling to Sri Lanka alone in September (f-24) and wanted some advice on where to stay? I fancy just staying somewhere very chilled either a friendly family home stay or backpacker vibe where I can meet other travellers. I've surfed before but would still class myself a beginner and want to spend as much time as I can learning with an instructor whilst I'm there. I probably have maximum 3nights to stay there. All three of these locations look amazing and have found great reviews of places to stay but wondered if I could get any advice on top before I book somewhere?

Thanks a lot!

Susie

6 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

duplicate

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297896-i9471-k7…

2. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, August 13, 2014

3. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:06 am, August 14, 2014

Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

beter to found friendly family home

Midigama, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

hi dear friend

if you are looking for friendly family vibe with accommodation ,

we are looking forward to welcome you as new member . if you wanna more info please

check midigama b&b - tripadvisor and let us know.

cheers

Edited: 6:52 am, July 11, 2015
Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?

Hi Susie,

I would recommend going to Weligama first, if you still class your self as a beginner.

Once you are there, if you feel like you would like more of a challenge, then try out Mirissa.

You will be able to find an instructor with out problem when you are there.

My mum Amitha has a BnB called 'Su's Homestay in (Godagama), Matara.

If you are looking for a friendly family stay and want to savour traditional Sri Lanka then I would suggest her place! She will be able to provide you transport from her place to either Weligama or Mirissa which is about a 20 min drive.

Hope this helps!

Su

Reply to: Weligama, Mirissa or Midigama for solo female traveller?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Midigama