We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquito

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mosquito

Hi I am planning a trip to sri lanka eary January, and want to visit galle, golden triangle, kandy and colombo. I will be staying in high end hotels. I have read a lot about mosquitos and want to know how high the chances are of being bitten by mosquitos. Is it almost impossible to leave sri lanka w/o any mosquito bites? I am allergic to mosquitos and would appreciate your advice on mosquito situation in January, where to stay, dos and donts. Thanks!

Buckingham Place
Buckingham Place
#1 of 2 hotels in Rekawa
Villa Saffron Hikkaduwa
Villa Saffron Hikkaduwa
#1 of 29 hotels in Hikkaduwa
Max Wadiya
Max Wadiya
#1 of 2 hotels in Ambalangoda
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: mosquito

Thank you for very helpful info. and advice.

I have one more question. I have very delicate skin and am not able to put on strong deet cream. Has anyone tried anti mosquito clothes? It is basically a mosquito net except that it is cut and sewn into wearable form. Thank you again.

12. Re: mosquito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 21, 2014