We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SITA Bus from port to Pompeii timetable

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
SITA Bus from port to Pompeii timetable

Hello,

I will be in Naples for a day, 7am to 7pm, on a cruise and my group is looking to get from the port to Pompeii first thing in the morning, ideally arriving around Pompeii opening time. I am leaning towards taking the SITA bus 5001 over the train but am having trouble interpreting the timetable I found on their website (sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/…0)

Can someone who is more familiar with this service confirm that for the month of July, the earliest bus to leave Naples that stops in Pompeii is 8am? Or am I reading it wrong?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,692 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SITA Bus from port to Pompeii timetable

You're reading it correctly, the first bus will be at 8, arriving by 8:45.

With a 7 AM arrival, depending on your cruise line and their port day disembarking policy (some hold back DIYers until ship excursion passengers have gotten off), you might be able to make the 7:39 train from Porta Nolana to Pompei, which gets you there at 8:17 if it's on schedule. It's not a sure thing, however, because you can't be sure what time you'll get off the ship and it's a mile and a third from there to the Porta Nolana station. There is a bus, the #151, that will take you right to the station but it makes five stops along the way and will be dealing with morning rush traffic, so it's not a sure thing. (Remember that you've also got to stop and buy the bus ticket before getting on, which takes a few minutes.)

You'd surely be able to make the 8:11 semi-express train (the next departure) which arrives to Pompei Scavi at 8:36.

So that's your choice, the easier (because you can just walk to the stop and there's a ticket office there) and more comfortable (because you get a seat and the AC works) bus or the slightly faster train.

https:/…20Sorrento.pdf

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SITA Bus from port to Pompeii timetable

Perfect, thank you for the information. This is very helpful!

Reply to: SITA Bus from port to Pompeii timetable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted