We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for accommodation in Big Sur(8 adults + 2 kid

Fremont, CA
4 posts
Save Topic
Recommendation for accommodation in Big Sur(8 adults + 2 kid

My two cousins and their families are coming from Chicago and Houston to visit us. We want to have a great get together in a quite, scenic place. There will be 2 kids also, they are under 3 years. We love food also, want to have cheap and decent restaurant nearby. We are looking for less than $350 for each nigh to stay. Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for accommodation in Big Sur(8 adults + 2 kid

Hmm, I haven't stayed there, but the Big Sur Lodge at Pfeiffer Big Sur comes to mind.

http://www.bigsurlodge.com/rooms.html

There's a restaurant at the Lodge. I've been inside, but it didn't look like anything special. But I don't know of many "cheap decent" options in that area...

california
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for accommodation in Big Sur(8 adults + 2 kid

I reccommend Deetjens. It is classic Big Sur with plenty of dining options nearby. The restaurant on the premises is excellent but pricy for dinner. Try them at breakfast for a good meal at a more reasonable price since you will have kids.

3. Re: Recommendation for accommodation in Big Sur(8 adults + 2 kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 21, 2009