We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

Orinda, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

We're driving down from SF. Where to stop for LUNCH en route?? We're staying at Deetjen's. A treat as we're 6-0's!!!!!

What hike would be ideal to take on Friday????? Oct. 4th????

thanks lots!

Coronado, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

As for your lunch, I suggest the restaurant at the Post Ranch Inn. The views are spectacular, and the property is also quite unique and worth the stop. The food does not disappoint either. There are 2 essential hikes, in my opinion. The first being the McWay Falls Trail. It's short at just over a mile. The other is ewoldsen Woods Trail. There's a super helpful link here. Check out the part about what to do it you have only one day. There are all the specifics on finding the hikes, etc. Have a great time!!

www.hikingbigsur.com

Edited: 6:42 pm, September 30, 2013
Coronado, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

As for your lunch, I suggest the restaurant at the Post Ranch Inn. The views are spectacular, and the property is also quite unique and worth the stop. The food does not disappoint either. There are 2 essential hikes, in my opinion. The first being the McWay Falls Trail. It's short at just over a mile. The other is ewoldsen Woods Trail. There's a super helpful link here. Check out the part about what to do it you have only one day. There are all the specifics on finding the hikes, etc. Have a great time!!

http://www.hikinginbigsur.com/hikes

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

It's about a 4 hour drive to Deetjens from SF.

Depending on what time you leave SF, you could lunch somewhere in Santa Cruz, Monterey or Carmel. Any type of food in particular you'd like?

Coronado, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

http://www.hikinginbigsur.com/hikes

Orinda, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

Thank you thank you thank YOU!!!stay tuned!!

Orinda, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

how about a light lunch near highway one en route to Big Sur.

organic-y, easy, near ocean...ahhh, ??

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

Don't know of anything "organic-y" near the ocean or along Highway 1. Perhaps California Market at the Highlands Inn? Probably pricey, but, oh, those views!!

…hyatt.com/en/…CaliforniaMarket.html

Edited: 10:37 pm, September 30, 2013
Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

Shine Cafe in Morro Bay is organic and close to the ocean! You'll be just a few blocks from the ocean so you can easily walk down and check out the picturesque views of the bay and Morro Rock!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,050 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

Oops. Morro Bay is way out of the way for someone driving to Deetjens in Big.Sur from San Fracisco.

I would choose somewhere in Monterey or Carmel, but a local will have to help you with the organic ocean view

10. Re: heading to Big Sur with 2 friends from grade school!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 04, 2014