We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ventana Inn - A few questions...

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Ventana Inn - A few questions...

My fiancee and I are planning to stay at the Ventana Inn for a few nights during our honeymoon in May. There are two main questions I have: Whats the deal with the clothing optional pool - we being brits are not exactly used to this sort of thing and don't want to accidentally stay at a plush naturists resort...!

Secondly, how expensive is the Cielo restaurant? Do they have a prix fixe menu? Just trying to get a flavour of what to expect.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ventana Inn - A few questions...

I wouldn't worry about the clothing optional thing. Seems there are two pools at Ventana and one is clothing optional. Just don't go there if it bothers you. People won't be walking around naked all over the grounds, otherwise the whole resort would be clothing optional. And clothing optional means just that, it doesn't mean have to go naked.

No idea about Cielo.

Big Sur California
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Ventana Inn - A few questions...

The lower pool is clothing optional as are the lower Japanese baths. Both are clearly marked as such so there is not a chance of walking in accidentally. The upper pool offers the same amenites but is not clothing optional.

Cielo restaurant offers a ala cart menu that is fairly priced and a prix fixe menu for both lunch and dinner...the dining is of a high caliber for both.