We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change at Ripplewood?

Minocqua, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Change at Ripplewood?

Just saw the latest review of Ripplewood. We have reservations already for this May. Does anyone else have comments on the new owners? We have enjoyed our last several stays there and hope that things haven't changed.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change at Ripplewood?

Stay at any other place than Ripplewood ..... You would be better off sleeping in the bushes on the side of the road, or sleeping in your car as opposed to staying at this place. The new owner is not a nice person & the prices have increased dramatically. The food is not any better when you consider the price increase. The food USED to be good with nothing over $8.00, now the cheapest price is $12-$15, & you might find hair in your food as I did. but like the new owner said, I never charged you for the hair so what are you complaining about. Stay there at your own risk !!!!!!

Minocqua, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change at Ripplewood?

I just checked the actual website for Ripplewood. The menu prices looked exactly the same as before the new owners took over. That's not right, if the prices have about doubled. We actually had made a reservation for this spring before we started reading how disappointed people have been. Our surprise was that we've already been charged for our first night's stay. I called to see if there was a mistake, and the only mistake was that we hadn't been told that was the new policy. One last question...are there really rats in the cottages, or just mice? I don't like either, but rats would be truly alarming!!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change at Ripplewood?

Yeah it is true ..... Call them up again & ask them if the menu is the same from Dec. oh... 23rd or Jan., say....10th ..... Ask them how much are their hamburgers ( $10.95 ) ...NEW OWNERS mean NEW PRICES & rarely are they cheaper ..... That is a stone cold fact in any business. Mice are usually eaten by rats, & when you are out in the woods, there are no hungry rats ...... I kid you not .... Now maybe, just maybe they might have gotten rid of SOME of them, but not all ..... I hope you got a cabin, with a number lower than 9, if not, good luck.......

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change at Ripplewood?

Yeah it is true ..... Call them up again & ask them if the menu is the same from Dec. oh... 23rd or Jan., say....10th ..... Ask them how much are their hamburgers ( $10.95 ) ...NEW OWNERS mean NEW PRICES & rarely are they cheaper ..... That is a stone cold fact in any business. Mice are usually eaten by rats, & when you are out in the woods, there are no hungry rats. Maybe field mice, but last time I checked, Jan. 27th & 28th, there were no fields in sight...... I kid you not .... Now maybe, just maybe they might have gotten rid of SOME of them, but not all ..... I hope you got a cabin, with a number lower than 9, if not, good luck.......