We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a wedding April 2012

Huntington Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning a wedding April 2012

Hello Everyone,

I found this link by luck. We are planning our wedding and would like to have it in Big Sur. Do you think April would be too early to have the wedding given the weather? Do you still have a list of resources to use for vendors in the Big Sur area. For example. who did you purchase your cake and flowers from and who did your hair and make up in the area?

I look forward to your reply. Thanks a bunch, Dianna

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

April is a great month for a wedding in Big Sur, although there is still a slight chance of rain.

Here's a link with advise from LosAngelesTravelBug who had her wedding on the Big Sur coast:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g240329-i513-k2696…

Huntington Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

Thank you so much, we are very excited and hope we are able to have our wedding in Big Sur. We will be in the area this weekend checking out a few venues. Wish us luck!

Have a great evening and thank you for your response.

Edited: 2:08 am, April 12, 2011
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

Have fun in Big Sur and all the best in finding just the right place for taking your vows.

Edited: 7:35 pm, April 12, 2011
inga2m
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

Hi Dianna,

I am also planning my small wedding in Big Sur in April 2012 and I'm concerend about the weather too. I would love to pick your brain and see what you are doing. You have been in the planning stage a lot longer than me and I could use some tips.

Did you think April was too cold when you visitied last year? How about at night? I'm considering an outdoor early dinner but it's making me nervous.

Thanks!

Corey

Edited: 12:18 pm, November 18, 2011
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

Corey, since Dianna hasn't posted since April, you'd probably have better luck sending her a private message. Just click on her screen name and you'll see the link you need--"Send Message." Good luck and happy planning!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
622 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

Feel free to send me a message as well. I don't know how I misse this thread originally, but I got married in Big Sur in 2004, and I'd be happy to help you out. I also go to Big Sur in April quite often because that's when my birthday is. It's defintitely cold at night. Even in the summer it's usually quite chilly at night. Big Sur outdoor weddings any time of year require heaters, and to be on the safe side, tents or some kind of back-up in case of rain or wet fog.

Let me know what else I can help you with!

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

April is usually a great month for weather here. There are a few great venues to host a wedding ceremony and reception. Look into Ventana Inn & Spa.

http://www.ventanainn.com/

www.seemonterey.com/weddings-receptions

Shell Beach...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

You didn't mention a budget or size of the wedding party, but the Post Ranch Inn would make it a once in a lifetime experience.

postranchinn.com/packages/#elopement-package

There's also the terrace at Nepenthe (click the Weddings & Reservations link on the website).

http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/

Edited: 6:28 am, November 22, 2011
9. Re: Planning a wedding April 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 31, 2012