We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Ranch Inn-September-Worried-Please Advise

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
771 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Post Ranch Inn-September-Worried-Please Advise

I have been away again and am trying to catch up with the current situation in the Big Sur area. I never thought it would be this long as I am sure everyone else thought. We are supposed to be staying at Post Ranch 2 nights sarting Sept. 17th. Should I be worried? Any idea how close it is to PRI? I have been trying to call today but no luck. We are scheduled to stay in Pacific Grove Sept. 19th-20th so we would rather stay somewhere else other than the Carmel/Monterey area. Anywhere worth visiting off of Hwy. 101?

Thanks....my heart goes out to every one affected by this!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Ranch Inn-September-Worried-Please Advise

Hi sunlover

Your trip is 2 months away and the containment estimate is currently holding for July 30. The fire should be a non-issue by then.

PRI is safe. The fire did not jump to the west side of the highway where PRI sits. I read where the fire came to within 10 feet of the businesses on the east side of the highway. Same for the Ventana Inn. (Aren't you glad you switched?)

That being said, the eastern landscape of Big Sur is changed. But that should not deter you from your visit. The PRI will still be beautiful and a wonderful experience for you.

I wouldn't change your plans for Pacific Grove, either. There really isn't anywhere along the 101 I would recommend to would be as special as the Carmel/Monterey area.

You can read updates on the fire in Big Sur at:

www.surfire2008.org

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Ranch Inn-September-Worried-Please Advise

As always, thanks Kibblesmom. You are always so helpful. That website you recommended is very informative. i can't believe you remembered that I switched from Ventana to PRI...I am impressed.

3. Re: Post Ranch Inn-September-Worried-Please Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 06, 2009