We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Has anyone stayed at this villa? Any thing we should know? How are we from town? Where to eat/shop/fish? We have a group of about 15 adults and kids (11 - 15) that are very interested in this place. Any info would be helpful!

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Closest town is Puerto Morelos, about six miles away as the crow flies, about 10 to drive. PM has restaurants and shopping.

Rob

www.almalibrebooks.com (more PM info here)

Vermont
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

STayed there two years ago, planned to go back last year but the whole hurricane thing, and am going back this February. My whole extended family goes - Grandparents, and four families with 8 kids. Awesome place - tons of privacy if you need some alone time from your relations. We hire the chef - makes life so much easier. You do have to have a car - Puerta Morales is a short drive away and has a little market and a small grocery store, Playa Del CArmen is also close with everything you could ever need - but we, prefer not use. Playa is not like it was fifteen years ago - it has turned into a huge tourist mecca - even has TGIF's, Walmart - yuck, are we even in MExico?. Villa Sol Y Luna is great - the staff is fabulous. They are right on top of every detail but at the same time are very discreet and unless you care to engage them they are almost invisible.. They can direct you to more traditional Mexican markets and even went with us to shop in real village stores. Almost every room has its own bathroom and the third story patio is wonderful. You should go - Have fun, Maureen in VT

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Maureen - Thanks for the info! We've booked it and can't wait to get there! Let me know how your trip goes.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Rob - I checked out your website and it has so much useful information. Thanks for that! We'll be stopping by your store, for sure! See you in Jan 08!

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Gracias, we'll be here!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

Did you end up staying here? Was there anything you wished you had brought with you?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

We did end up here and it was by far the best vacation that we've taken! The group consisted of 8 adults and 8 kids (ages 11-18). Everyone was busy enjoying the place from the beautiful sunrises to the evenings by the pool! The pictures on their website don't do it justice! It was so much more than we expected. The staff was great! The beach was amazing. The villa was very clean. The wildlife was incredible - crocs, iguanas, sand crabs, birds. I would highly recommend the chef service. It was fantastic.(Just make sure to ask them to leave the leftovers.) The only negative--and it's not really a negative--is the cost of transportation from the villa to anywhere was more than we expected it to be. I can't think of anything that we needed that they didn't have. They had pool toys, life jackets, towels for bath and pool, outside toys.

We've already got our reservation made to go back - Can't wait...

Hope this helps!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

We were married at this villa, 3 years ago :) We had 26 people including ourselves for our wedding, and maybe 18 or so stayed with us at the villa and guesthouse. I absolutely recommend this villa and its staff. Beautiful, beautiful and perfect!!! The only thing bad is I wish the price hadn't gone up, but c'est la vie, thats life in this time. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask or for photos.

9. Re: Villa sol y luna Playa del Secreto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:46 am, December 01, 2009