We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

Old posts I've read said Adults Only pool is for all adult guests but when I asked at Now Jade, they say only for Preferred Guests. Does anyone know which is true? Also, it is about $67 USD per person per day to upgrade and with 4 of us that is a lot for 5 days. Tell me if it's worth it as the only other perks I think they offer Preferred is sitdown breakfast and upgraded bath amenities and upgraded liquor which we could care less about.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
248 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

Things may have changed since I was there a couple years ago but this was my experience for what its worth:

- the one time we stayed on the preferred side it was without our daughter so I wanted to be away from the families. We upgraded to the Preferred side when we got there at a much lower rate than was posted. Again availability based on bookings would impact this a ton

- The Now Jade is a bracelet free resort so no idea how anyone at the pool would know which side you were staying on in the first place

- Access to the lounge with the premium drinks and the breakfast spot was really really really nice. We enjoyed and used these two amenities more than I ever could have expected and when we went back to the resort and didn't stay on the preferred side (travelled with the family) I did miss them. The breakfast itself is worth it to me - the location, the menu items. I hate buffets so to have access to a lovely sit down breakfast was awesome!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

Thanks so much for your input

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

It has been even longer since I was there but I can tell you that if that was the rule it was not checked on. There was even an issue with some people bringing kids to that pool and that was not fully enforced. Unless things have changed I would not be concerned.

We had privileged because it comes with 1 bedroom suites. I did not actually care that much for the club like the previous poster but opinions differ. I loved the breakfast. Other than that, no idea what else I got or didn't get that I was supposed to. I would not pay for the upgrade.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

We were at Now Jade in October 2014. We were not staying in the preferred section and were with friends with kids so we spent the majority of our time in the main pool. My husband wanted to try the adult/quiet pool, so we headed over one afternoon. No problem not being preferred. A group of people were playing music (bad music) and one was flying a drone around the pool and beach (including over a wedding). We didn't stay long. I'd rather be around kids yelling and having fun than inconsiderate and obnoxious adults.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

We were at Now Jade in October 2014. We were not staying in the preferred section and were with friends with kids so we spent the majority of our time in the main pool. My husband wanted to try the adult/quiet pool, so we headed over one afternoon. No problem not being preferred. A group of people were playing music (bad music) and one was flying a drone around the pool and beach (including over a wedding). We didn't stay long. I'd rather be around kids yelling and having fun than inconsiderate and obnoxious adults.

6. Re: Adults Only Pool at Now Jade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 31, 2016