We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List : Snorkel tours via boats

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
List : Snorkel tours via boats

To go along with the shore snorkel info that juanrojo put together and Vancouversundog posted we could list a bunch of ideas/experiences for snorkel tours via boats and he'll add them to Top Questions for us. Thanks Vancouversundog.

I went twice with Aquanuats. 2 reefs, 2 hours...price is now $30. The boat picked me up at Hacienda Morelos and returned me to the hotel. Included life jacket and equipment (if you needed it).

aquanautsdiveadventures.com/…snorkeltours

There's other providers and tours from the main dock (some members have specific names of people..Harry? Charlie? The only one I remember is Abraham and I met him as the man that hand paints the tiles - lovely guy) ...maybe you're willing to add to the list?

Thanks...Happy and safe travels. :-)

25 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,352 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

Thx WIBS

We had an interesting time getting a snorkel in Pomo

We were staying north of the pier. Walking the beach, they had a massage hut by the apartments on the water. I asked about snorkeling and the fellow called some one. Yes , come in 1 hour

Went to my condo, got my gear, went back and waited. Massage hut called him

Soon he said. Waited more

After 30 minutes I just walked to the pier instead. Got a boat (Pedro) with another honeymoon couple and off we went - was very wavy but it waas very enjoyable. The Guide went into the water with us and showed some great fish in 2 stops. Saw some turtles coming up for air on the boat trip. I was the last one out and along comes an eagle ray so I stayed a few more minutes

Great time. I paid 250 pesos

Edited: 9:41 pm, January 17, 2015
Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

I should note that I got to use a shower at the foot of the pier after (for guests) - little water pressure but good anyway. Then off to the local beach bar for some food and my usual after snorkel marg.

When I went, the water surges at the outside reef was very strong. Got a good work out - hint: Have good fins

Edited: 9:46 pm, January 17, 2015
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

"When I went, the water surges at the outside reef was very strong. Got a good work out - hint: Have good fins" Very good to point out...neither of my tours were a leisurely paddle around in the ocean lol...it was a work out.

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

I've gone out from the pier with co-op guys about 25 times. Think I've only had the same guys twice. Never had a bad trip. Great place to stay "under" the surface! I typ. use free dive fins there.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

Does 250 pesos include gear you can use?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

Be aware..only some outfitters have equipment sized for kids! Ask!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

No kids here so that won't be an issue. Was just hoping not to lug this stuff around again! We did it in July and I'd like to just rent this time.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

They have everything that you need. Some include drinking water. Don't forget to tip if they do a good job. There is a captain and a swimmer guide. When booking make sure they include the park bracelet in your fee. Prices do fluctuate between $20 - $35 and some offer some extras.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: List : Snorkel tours via boats

http://www.diverspoint.com/snorkeltourpm.html

Used this oufit...paid in pesos..less than $30

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor