We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

While recently staying at Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun, we got in contact with "Dive Puerto Morelos" (http://www.divepuertomorelos.com) to bring us to the reef for some snorkeling. This was an economical and fun excursion to a beautiful reef where we were treated to some of the nicest coral formations anywhere.

The reservation couldn���t have been easier. We had Internet access from the resort so I emailed ���Cat��� directly at Dive Puerto Morelos to say where we were staying and how to contact us. Cat called back promptly and we made the arrangements. Couldn���t have been easier.

We were picked up at the pier in front of our resort (very convenient) right on schedule. And I have to say how lucky we were to hook up with Joaquin (sorry if not spelled correctly) as our guide. Joaquin spoke great English; he was funny, and very knowledgeable. An important tip: ask him to take your underwater camera down low if you only like to snorkel on the surface. He���ll snap you some great pics close up!

Don���t forget a small tip for your guide.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

Can you book this through the Dive company before you get to the resort? I would like to do this but thought I could book it online before we leave the states. I assume they have computers for you to use at the resort where you can do this at the resort? How long was this trip and do they only have certain times of the day that they go out? Is this with a group or just a personal trip out! Thanks! Lisa

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

You can email them at catbrown@prodigy.net.mx

The trip lasted a couple of hours and we went to two different locations.

The hotel has a business center in the lobby with about 10 computers.

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

Do you need to bring your own snorkeling equipment or do they supply it?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

We brought our own masks and snorkels but they do supply it if you don't have your own.

Pittsburgh,Pa.
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive Puerto Morelos an Entertaining Option

How was the snorkeling? Was there a lot of fish? How are the reefs?