We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
McPherson, Kansas
6 posts
Save Topic
Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

We booked our ERC trip through Orbitz.com. We are a group with 3 swim-up jr suites (booked separately). We would like to have our rooms side by side. Do I just need to call ERC and ask for our rooms to be side by side?

Also I see several of you requested certain buildings. Any building suggestions for a group of late 20's that like to relax, drink, and have a generally good time?

Any other tips you might have are very welcomed. I am so excited, the first time in the PM/Cancun area for all of us.

Thanks!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

Jen: thanks again! I am sure I will have more questions and will no doubt drive everyone nuts...so please bear with me. Hubs and I have been to St. Lucia and Jamaica the past three years (all Sandals). We weren't over-the-top about our last Sandals experience so decided to branch out. On the advice of friends and people I have corresponded with on Tripadvisor, I started looking at Riviera Maya and just fell in love with the look of ERC. We will be going for 8 nights the end of April and already getting excited!! :)))

Sorry KSUFarmGirl, I didn't mean to highjack your thread.

Edited: 7:45 am, June 13, 2014
Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

I booked with four other couples, separately, through Orbitz, Expedia, etc. last year. We emailed Excellence PM a week to 10 days before we departed and requested that our swim-ups be next do each other. They responded that they would do their best. It worked! We were all together (and it was awesome). I mentioned the names of all couples in my original email request to the resort.

Whether you get adjacent rooms or not, you're going to have a fantastic trip.

Oh, and Go Cats!

McPherson, Kansas
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

LOL, not Cassie those are great questions! I am so excited I don't know how I will wait till Feb to go!

McPherson, Kansas
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

Go Cats indeed! I will email them like you said thanks for that.

Thanks for all the tips!

I am very fair so lots of sunscreen will be packed. I am so glad I am not the only one stalking the review and forums on here.

The tipping scale was very helpful also. I have only done Sandals in Jamaica and tipping was considered rude there. So I did not even think about it for this one.

You all are so amazing for all the replies!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

Tipping scale was extremely helpful since, like KSU, we have only been to Sandals. One question if anyone can answer...we are planning on getting one of the EC suites...are the concierges tipped as well?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

CasualCassie, Tipping the concierges is completely up to You, if they are so helpful and you want to show your appreciation to them, we did tip one concierge that was very helpful, and friendly, over most of our week's stay, on our next to last day, in case we didn't see him before checking out, a modest $5.00, and he did appreciate it. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

London, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

Hi Danedri

What email you used please?

I emailed RivieraCancun@excellence-resorts.com on 10th Jun, not received a reply as yet

We are there from 24th Jun to 3rd Jul - hopping for a great time, good weather and company

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

LeoSue: Thanks for your reply!

Hampton Roads...
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

Samal,

Send them a Facebook Message. They will get back to you very quickly. I had the same issue with their email.

London, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Booked our ERC vaca on orbitz... now what?!?!

thanks slfteach

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos