We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC. To upgrade or not.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cambs
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
ERC. To upgrade or not.

Going in mid May for 10 nights and I'm a little worried about the towel game!! I really like a bed with a shade so I can dip in out of the sun and a good drink service. Am I going to need to upgrade to club to get this?? Any one know the cost to upgrade in May? I don't think I'm being unreasonable in wanting a sun shade. Wod also like a quiet pool.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
534 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

I don't remember our cost to upgrade, but we did & we were glad. Always seating at EC beach, much quieter EC pool (mellow), fast bar service, etc.

Note - the spa area pools are really quiet too - but not EC.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

Hi

Upgrading to the EC is certainly not a prerequisite of having a great trip

We have been to ERC several times when occupancy has been 95%+ and have always seen spare lounger on both sides of the beach and around the pool areas so I would not worry too much about it

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

There are ALWAYS shade spots available at the spa pools and the ' secret' pool behind building 6 at any time of day. You will have to be prepared to be proactive (tip early) in getting the attention of a server. Maybe you won't, but be ready to do so. For us the extra $150 a day isn't good value. Prime spots on the EC side fill up early also.

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

What Chief said. The pool behind building 6 is our favorite and we have also had luck around the spa pool.

cambs
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

Does club level do a sunbed reservation. We stayed club(preferred) at Now Sapphire and they did this. It was fab. Must say if not staying club we usually grab a bed on the way to breakfast around 8-9 then go straight there after breakfast. Last minute panic setting in now with all the money we've spent!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

"Does club level do a sunbed reservation"

No but they do have very good beach / pool concierge staff

Edited: 4:56 am, April 08, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

Jo,

Trust the Ol' Chief here. You have selected an amazing resort and you will have a great experience. There's a reason why people keep going back again and again..... like me and the missus. Having experienced both sides, we PREFER the non-EC side. The tranquil setting of the rooms around the spa is what breaks it towards going "non" for us. the resort is very egalitarian. There's no wristbands denoting "club status", no special reservation times, etc. Everybody is treated like royalty, there are no 'peasants'. All the activities are on the non-club side of the resort. The EC side is about 10-15% of the total resort complex, very easy to avoid it if you think you would be jealous. If you are nice to the workers and get to know them they will lavish you with kindness and great service. If something is not to your liking be sure and speak up about it as this is when the resort really shines. It's almost like they are just waiting for a complaint so that they can jump into action! It's almost embarrassing.

Relax!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
102 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

EC wasn't really in our budget but we did go with a swim up suite. Thanks Chief for the reassurances! Our 25th anniversary is May 6th. Do you know how much the beach dinner costs and if you have done it, was it really special?

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

Can EC guests invite non EC guests to join them in the EC pools, beach or lounge? Maybe we can make friends in the EClub and check it out. We have a swim up room booked in August. It will be our first time at ERC, last year we stayed at EPM in a regular swim up suite and had a fabulous time. Just curious to see how the "other half" lives .

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ERC. To upgrade or not.

George..... They are pretty strict about only EC guests be allowed in EC areas. I'm sure if you asked at the desk, you could get a quick tour of the EC area.