We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral dress code questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indiana
Level Contributor
341 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Coral dress code questions

From reading some reviews, it seems like this resort may have a somewhat relaxed ala carte restaurant dress code. I understand that for the adult only restaurant, men must wear long pants and closed toes shoes. I assume that ladies would wear a dress to the adult only restaurant. But what about the other restaurants? How casual are they? Could my husband get by with nice shorts and a polo and nice sandals? Could I get by with nice capri's and a dressy shirt for some of the restaurants, or should I pack enough dresses for the entire week? Thanks in advance!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

Ladies can wear capris and nice shirt. Hubby wore closed toed Keens to blue moon restaurant and they wouldnt let him in because the whole shoe wasnt closed in. He has always worn these to all resorts and has never had this issue. Other restaurants, no problem.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

I still have their brochure, it says "men have to wear long pants and shoes, ladies no shorts or sandals at the Italian and Oriental" (and I guess now, the new adult only).

From their website it says closed toe shoes for men and shirts with sleeves, and for ladies, no flip flops, but sandals are allowed. So, no need for dresses every night.

There was a mixture of attire for the women. Some were very casual, some a little more dressy, most somewhere in between. Wear what you are comfortable with. Most resorts allow more leeway with the women.

Edited: 4:35 pm, March 30, 2014
Indiana
Level Contributor
341 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

Thanks so much for your help. I am just starting to sort through my stuff and get organised for the trip. I have all the snorkeling gear ready, so am now starting to consider what we will be wearing. Thanks again!

Abington...
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

Men's boat shies would b ok right? That's what my husband has always brought on all inclusive Mexico cacations

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

Boat shoes? Lol, as in "topsiders". My husband's favorite, too. Must be a Boston thing. Seriously, I think they are perfect for vacations.

Abington...
Level Contributor
623 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

Yes actually. Thanks for all the info .

hertfordhire
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

How about nice dressy sparkly flip flops? I don't like heels on holiday when I am hot . Thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

I'm pretty sure they mean the rubber beach flip flops. Anything else would be a sandal.

9. Re: Ocean Coral dress code questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2015