We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
102 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

We will be at ERC for 5 nights in May. What are the best dinner options and are there any restaurants you would pass on? We are definitely going to Spice one night as we love the "dinner and show" experience. And I have been trying to search the forums to see if they serve Miller Lite but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Jen....Chez Isabelle is great for a romantic dinner. Tough choice between the sea bass or the sirloin.

A tip, if you weren't aware. The "dinner & show" experience at Spice, is by reservation only. Also the reservations must be made the same day, when the restaurant opens.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Hi Jen E - our #1 choice is Chez Isabelle. After that we will go to Basmati and Agave.

For us our least favourite is Spice as we've never really had a great meal in any of the times we've been. We tried the Teppanyaki last time we were there but won't stand in line at the opening of the restaurant just to get a spot again.

We too will be there for 5 nights but for us in early April. Depending on your timing there will likely be one or two themed buffet dinners while you're there as well.

Edited: 12:55 pm, March 19, 2014
Chicago
Level Contributor
678 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Defnitely skip Oregano. We like Basmati, Agave, Toscana, Chez, and The Grill. Also have enjoyed Spice. Have fun!

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
899 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Chez Isabelle

Toscana

Spice

The Grill

Room Service

In that order! :>)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Sorry- no Miller Lite, but my husband liked the Modelo Light.

We love Chez and Basmati. I really want to like Agave but we have been twice and we didn't feel the food was very good. ( but we will go back for the tamarind margaritas!)

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
102 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Well Chez for certain then. I am surprised that no one mentioned The Lobster House. My husband is not a very adventurous eater (he likes his meat and potatoes). I, on the other hand, am willing to try most anything once. So I am not sure I can get him into Basmati but maybe he will be more willing since it is a vacation and I won't be the one doing the cooking! Tried to get him to eat tofu during Lent and he ended up at McDonald's for a filet-o-fish. A@ Atlanta-Folks thanks for the Miller Lite info. He will be a bit disappointed but good to know about the Modelo. @ Dave I had read about the reservations being required for Spice so I guess we will see how long the line is and go from there. We will be there for Cinco De Mayo so I am hoping there will be some extra special fun stuff going on. Cannot wait!!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Jen....I enjoyed Basamati, but my wife doesn't handle spicy food very well. I don't know if it was on the menu, but we mentioned that we had never tried Indian food. They brought out a sampler dish with a lot of the different menu items, and were very good at explaining to us what was spicy.

The lobster house is connected to the steak grill. Even though it wasn't on the menu, I asked for a lobster and a steak. I got the pretty standard answer for ERC, "No Problem".

They normally close one or two restaurants every night, so keep this in mind when planning. Also, Monday and Friday are the days that they have the buffet type dinners.

Tell your husband to try an Iceberg, a beer topped with a Margarita. Have a great time.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,623 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

Basmati

Spice

Chez Isabelle

Agave

The Grill

9. Re: Top 5 Dinner Choices for ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 23, 2015