We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

f you have any questions, please feel free to ask me while it's fresh in my mind. This was our third trip to Puerto Morelos, having stayed previously at the NOW Sapphire. We had ocean front privileged rooms in building 17. Ate at all the restaurants except for BlueMoon and Sensai. Took a cab into Playa for shopping, visited the Jungle Spa, and guys did a fishing trip booked through El Cid Marina.

CNY
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

We are going in 26 days.Our previous trips have been to VIM and Dreams Tulum.Did you experience long lines for drinks? How was the food? And the cost of the taxi to PDC? Last minute trip for us.Thanks for the replies in advance. Some of the reviews are not great .How was the beach? We are not booked privileged. May try to upgrade when we get there.Did you think it was worth the cost?

Abington...
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

We r going in August and we booked priv section. I would love to here about jungle spa as that's on our list of things to do. Did u take cab from resort ? We've hoping to walk the beach into town to have a couple drinks and than grab a taxi to Jungle Spa. Also did u use priv lounge alot? We're did u eat lunch And what did thy have going on in the wvening

Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

What is dress code for resturants?how is view from privelage rooms?

Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

I put a review on trip advisor that should show as soon as they approve it. Never a line for drinks except sometimes at the main pool bar and even then, not a long one. The food was good. It's never a gourmet experience at all inclusives but it was better than others we've been to. $40 each way to PDC if you use union cabs. Our concierge told us we could go outside and get a non union cab but it wasn't as safe. We opted for safe. We had an ocean front room that came with privilege so I don't know exactly how much that really cost us but my husband is a Chivas drinker and another one of our party likes crown royal and you only get the house liquors unless you are privilege so it was worth it to us. Also, I would be at the privilege club with my nose against the glass wondering what they were getting that I wasn't, so on vacation I splurge. Beach is nice but there is seaweed. They rake regularly but it's there. Staff is ultra friendly and pools are clean. They said they were at 96% occupancy and we never had a problem finding a chair at the pools. We are most lunches and breakfast at privilege club because you can sit outside with no reservations required but the main buffet is varied and good. Unless you are ultra picky and hard to please (I like things nice but I can excuse a mistake or two) you will be happy here. We will definitely return.

Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

They said that long pants were required in the restaurants so the first evening, we went to the Caribbean place with the long pants and no sandals... and noticed EVERYONE was casual. After that, we just made note of it to go casual and no problems at all. I saw them asking people who had tshirts on to change, but the men had shorts and nice golf polos and it was fine.

Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

From OCT to the jungle spa is $20 USD each way. If you walked into PM and took a cab, probably around $10 - $15. I've posted another review of the Jungle Spa this year. We go twice every year and wouldn't miss it. It's rustic and in the middle of the jungle, but these women find your knots and work them out. It is truly one of the highlights of my trip to Mexico.. It is truly a 'hurts so good' type of massage.

We used the Privilege Lounge A LOT. Breakfast and most lunches and a few dinners (reservations for dinner required). You can also get premium liquor there. Worth it for us totally....

Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

What was offered at breakfast at the privelage lounge

Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

There were two menus during the week but they were a lot the same.. eggs your way, egg white omelet, huevos rancheros, eggs with two chilies, american omelet, french toast, yogurt, pastries, croissants, juice, coffee, etc... Very good ad a nice selection.

Abington...
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

Nice to read privilege lounge open for.lunch. I didn't know this was an option. Could u give some.examples.of what.is.served for lunch. Did the privilege lounge serve frozen drinks Nd were they made with fresh fruit or those mixes?

Midwest, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Ocean Coral & Turquesa...

ok.. going to sound ridiculous but I cannot remember the lunch menu. They also have a tapas menu that I ordered from for lunch. Cheese try, garlic shrimp, catalans bread, etc... very good small portions. We usually ate breakfast late so I didn't need much for lunch but I do remember looking around at other diner's plates and thinking they looked good. I don't do many frozen drinks but there wasn't a drink we ordered there that Mario couldn't make well... Chocolate martini, margarita's, icebergs, bloody mary, mudslide, grasshoppers.. all were yummy. They have a nice coffee maker there and any coffee drink you want, they also can do. I don't remember seeing any of the yuck mixes there....