We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

Few questions, thought that this was all inclusive if so why do they charge extar 20 dollars or more for dinners? ?? Is there a restaurant that serves steak and lobster without paying extra? ??? Is there a certain about of times u can go into the a la cartes and do u need to do reservations to go there? ?? Thank you

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

It has been 5 years for me so info from others may be better. Did you get the privileged package? If so, the al a cart at the club included a lobster dinner for my wife and I. You could get steaks there too anytime. At other al a carts there you could get certain cuts of meat in your AI package but others were upcharged. I did not care for it either. There was however plenty to chose from in your AI package.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

We were just there in Sept. We were not "privileged" so I cannot comment on that part.

Yes, you can get steaks at the other restaurants without paying extra. Not sure now which was which, but they all have menus outside the doors so you can check them out. You do not need reservations, you just line up when the a la cartes open. Privileged guests are allowed to make reservations, so they may get in before you. We didn't have a problem with this, but it was low season.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
574 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

Route 66 had the best steak with-out an up charge. Villa Marina surcharged on better cuts of steak . Go early and you wont have any problem getting into any of the ala carts. No lobster , that I remembered , if anywhere -Blue Moon at an up-charge

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

We booked Privilege, and a lobster dinner was part of the package. We had it at Villa Marina. It was "OK", but since I grew up with New England lobster it wasn't the kind of lobster I was used to (and I see you are from Boston-I was raised near Springfield).

Did really enjoy the resort-so have a great time!

5. Re: ocean coral ocean turqueras? ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, February 07, 2015