We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fairfield...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

Is this true? From what I understand, the service is still good, but no longer great. Hoping this was due to peak season and not bringing in additional staff rather then having fewer staff members at the resort. We are booked for mid June. My wife and I were supposed to go there for our honeymoon in 2005, but Hurricane Wilma changed our plans. Finally we have the opportunity to go to ERC. I'm hoping it's worth the wait.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

I am glad to see a post has been made for this issue as I've seen many reviews stating there's not enough staff to go around. I'd like to know myself is this is true since my fiance' and I will be arriving at the end of May and are looking towards the same great treatment we've received at EPC.

WS, IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

We were there from last Thursday (1/23) through yesterday (1/28). I'm not sure if I have prior experience to judge--we've been to EPM a few years ago, and the service was great. It doesn't stand out to me that there was a notable difference for the worse at ERC. I do know that the pool servers worked very hard all day long, serving drinks on the deck and also the beach. If we didn't see a server around, we went up to the bar ourselves. In terms of restaurants, some were better, others a tad slow. I don't recall any night that we found ourselves looking at our watch wondering where our dinner was--with the possible exception of Agave. Overall, Agave was our least favorite for a couple of reasons.

Edited: 6:02 pm, January 29, 2014
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
881 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

From my experience if you had to get up to get your own drink then they were short staffed. I have never had to do that except at one other resort that I wouldn't consider on the same level with ERC. Don't take this that I'm not willing or more than able to but my experience has always been that drink service was frequent and besides lunch time when maybe people order lunch also fairly speedy (for my needs at least).

Headed to ERC in a few weeks so we will see.

Terri

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

If the biggest issue is drink service, then I'm not concerned. The 3 previous AI resorts I've been to, the drink service at the beach and pool was poor or non-existent. Having to go and get my own drinks is not an issue for me. I hope this is the biggest complaint.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

Personally, I have issues at all with getting up a getting my own drink

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,659 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

When we were at ERC in 2009, I don't recall one person asking us if we wanted a drink (non-EC at the main pool and the swim up rooms). This staff shortage may not be new, it may just be the norm.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

I don't mind getting up and getting my own drink, but it's so nice when this offered service pampers you. We just returned from Royal Hideaway and I have never seen such good beach- and pool-side drink service. You could not finish a drink before you were asked if you wanted it refreshed with something else. It was a lovely indulgence, albeit one that certainly requires a high staff to guest ratio. I've been to other resorts where it hasn't been as good, and it has hardly been a deal breaker for me. When it is done so well, you just become aware of the comparison.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

I'm wondering if it has been established that any service issues are limited to pool side drink service?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

In my 5 stays there, service on the beach and around the pools closest to the beach has always been prompt and frequent. Sometimes, they'd drop off a fresh Corona for me, without my asking. Around the lazy river pool, I've found service to be slower. There's a lot of ground to cover there, and the bar is further away.

Recent reviews about it may be due to the time of year / occupancy level. I don't know, as I've never been in January.

As for room service: we ordered coffee service in the mornings. I timed it, and it never took more than 8 minutes to arrive.

Mark

10. Re: Saw complaints recenly that ERC might be short staffed....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:25 pm, January 30, 2014