We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
McHenry, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

We are planning a trip to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10. Is it possible to get there from the airport on the ADO Bus? If not what should we expect to pay for transportation. (Taxi, Shuttle).

Thanks,

Skip

Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

The ADO bus to my knowledge pretty much has stops at key points along Hwy 307 or other destinations, but not to specific resorts. If you took it to Puerto Morelos you would then have to get a cab to the resort. To simplify, we always use USA Transfers and have heard that Canada Transfers are good as well.

Depending on how many there are in your party, the cost will change per person. In addition, whether you want a one way or round trip will also change the price per direction. For example, a van for 4 to 7 passengers will cost $50 US one way or $85 round trip if it is pre-paid. Here is their website where you can get all the info you need and book it as well. http://www.usa-transfers.com/ Just click on Puerto Morelos in the "Transfer Destinations" box.

You can also take shared transportation to save a bit of $, but you may have to ride for a long time and stop at many other resorts to drop others off. We've never done it that way, so don't know the cost nor who to recommend. Taxis are not readily available at the arrival side of the airport.

Edited: 11:04 am, January 05, 2014
Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

Just to clarify a point, Theboomanchu was saying that if for example 5 people in your group are going one way to OCT from the airport, it is $50 (US dollars) total, or $10 per person for a private transfer (no additional stops or pickups, no other passengers) via USA Transfers. It is $40 for 1-3 people.

Canada Transfers is a little cheaper. Neither require payment in advance, and the airport taxi is readily available, but nearly 2x the price.

Edited: 12:05 pm, January 05, 2014
Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

Thanks for the clarification about the taxis, BillLee. Now that I think about it, I do recall that while available, the taxes or fees for taxis on the arrival side of the airport are so exorbitant that the cost to take a taxi makes all other forms of transportation seem cheap in comparison, so they are not commonly used by the well informed. Sorry for the misinformation. Just shows that a guy should have all his facts before making a statement, LOL!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

The (expensive) airport taxi Co. keeps changing its name. Some previous names were Grayline, Hertz, and Yellow Transfers. Now I think they're using something like just "Airport Transfers" possibly to confuse people, although I think the official name remains "Yellow Transfers".

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

I'd recommend USA Transfers also and just book round trip. I believe it was $60. for the two of us (or up to 3) for a private transfer. It should only take about 25 min., but due to the really bad condition the road to the resort is in, that added more time. Still well worth it. We just used them in Oct. and have booked them again for next month. Very reliable.

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

I've Always used USA Transfers. They are awesome. You cant go wrong with them. Don't waste your time try to get a cab. That can be more costly and painful.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

Canada transfers has the best prices and service I will be using them again on Saturday

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

Best day we use every year they are so organized and helpful

new jersey
Level Contributor
335 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

If you book directly on the H10 Ocean Coral website then transfers to/from the airport are included. This is a savings of about $90. The transfers are provided by Trafic Tours and are usually in air conditioned, 12 passenger vans. OCT is close to the airport (25 minute drive) so there usually aren't more than 1-2 stops for other drop-offs or pick-ups on the way. We have had 7 great experiences and 1 bad experience with this on our 4 trips to OCT (once the road was washed out and the van didnt show up to take us to the airport. We took a taxi, but Trafic tours paid the taxi directly after one of the OCT managers interceded on our behalf).

new jersey
Level Contributor
335 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation to Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10

Incidentally, the bad road conditions mentioned by a previous poster no longer exist. The road from the highway to the hotel was completely repaved and is now in excellent condition.