We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Topic
Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Hello

I was at the Dreams Riviera Cancun in July and although I loved the hotel, the humidity was crippling...especially in the lobby where it seemed that there was zero breeze. So much so that we couldn't sit in the lobby.

We are thinking of returning in January and was wondering if it will be less humid. One would think it would be much less humid in January, but I have heard that this hotel always has high humidity due to it's location...in the marshy mangroves. Has anyone been to this hotel in Jan or Feb ? Is it less humid and is there ever a nice breeze up in the lobby ?

Thanks for the help

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Humidity is similar all year round, average 80% but the temp drops a bit in jan maybe 10 degrees less..so you may notice that, you could always try somewhere else? If the humidity bothers you go for somewhere with ac?

Edited: 8:20 am, November 28, 2013
Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thanks. So, have you been to the Dreams this time of year (Dec, Jan, Feb)? Loved the resorts, but there just seemed to be no breeze anywhere except right on the beach...and certainly nothing in the lobby area. I was hard to judge because it was in July, which of course is the most hot, humid time of year. Never had that issue in other hotels around the Mayan Riviera. Just wondering if it was the hotel and it design or just a particularly hot, humid week.

Edited: 9:49 am, November 28, 2013
cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Not been to that resort but been been to a few along the riviera maya in November time, next year we are going May/June and November. Jan is quite a popular time to travel, in theory less rain as it's the dry season and more comfortable temps day and night. We just came back from Bahia and they had no ac in the lobbies and we were quite warm, also no breeze on some days, night time I was very comfortable in minimal clothes, didn't need a cardi.. Except when it rained and I needed a boat lol!

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Anybody else been at the hotel or the immediate area in Jan ?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

If you are a pool person check on the temperature.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Breezy season and drier coming in the beginning of the year. It should improve things a bit on the humidity scale. March/April I believe are the low point for precip averages on the rainfall issue, which certainly reduces the humidity with less rain, rather than more.

Edited: 11:59 am, November 29, 2013
7. Re: Humidity at Dreams Riviera Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 01, 2014