We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more Marina El Cid?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
155 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
One more Marina El Cid?

Seeing I should have booked my package last week, when the rate was so good, by the time I made it home, the rate went back up! So, I gambled and waited and I notice today, the rate is back down to what it was last week. My question is, at Marina El Cid, is it really worth a $240 difference to book the Platinum 1bedroom oceanfront (765sq ft) or save the $240 and go with the Platinum Jr. Suite oceanfront (411sq ft)? It's just myself and my husband, but extra room is always good. This will be our first visit to El Cid, just wanted to hear from the TA's who have stayed here. Thanks in advance!

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,607 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more Marina El Cid?

$240 total? If so, it would be worth it for me. Per night, no way for just two. I loved my 1 bedroom suite but for 2 people it is not like you will be crowded in room. I did not have platinum and other than club access I have no idea what I didn't get. I was given a platinum suite but not the package. I think the only difference in a Platinum 1 bedroom and a standard 1 bedroom is the extra full bath but I could never confirm that.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
155 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more Marina El Cid?

Yep Preziam, $240 total. They are both Platinum oceanfront rooms, just one has more square footage than the other. My main "wish" was oceanfront, no big deal about the full kitchen and separate living room, but it would be nice! Still debating it, but I have to move fast.

Eden Prairie...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more Marina El Cid?

Go with the jr suite platinum, more than enough room for two.

4. Re: One more Marina El Cid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 15, 2014