We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

Hey all, in two weeks we will be at EDR for about 5 days and I am getting excited! We are very experienced Caribbean travelers but have not been to this particular resort before. / I would appreciate semi-last minute advice on what is over-kill for packing and what isn't. I planned on bringing sun screens and bug sprays and hair products for the humidity. Can I expect to see people dressed up on the beach or are casual shorts and tshirts and flip flops fine? They give you beach towels right? We are used to bringing just carry-on bags but I am going to splurge this trip and bring a check-in bag as its "free". What is acceptable clothing for women for the restaurants- I can wear decent shorts and capris right? I know I should check the posts but keep running out of time to do so! How are the mirrors in the bathrooms for applying makeup- bright and large or should I pack one? I wouldn't bother but our daughter's wedding will be there so at least one day I have to get all decked out.

All advice appreciated, thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

Most women wear dresses/skirts for dinner. On the beach, it's swimsuits. I would just put a coverup on for lunch.

The mirrors are large in the bathrooms, but the lighting isn't the best. They do have a lighted makeup mirror, though so that helps. We stayed in a casita, so the full length mirror was in the sleeping area.

Since we stayed in a casita, pool towels were left in our room. I think guests staying in the Royale side need to get a towel from the activities desk near the pool. Casita guests have brown/tan towels and Royale guests have blue towels. Although Royale guests can use the casita pools, they are not allowed to use the loungers at the pool. If you plan on spending days at the pool, I suggest you get there early. If I went by 9:30 all the loungers were taken. Not just with people playing the towel game, but actually being used

Take sensible shoes for evening wear. There is quite a bit of walking as the resort is huge. They do have shuttles, but we would start to walk to our destination and jump on when it came along. We didn't have the patience to just wait at the designated stops.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

Thanks Shelb, I appreciate this!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

With the heat & humidity is it too hot for the longer (maxi type) strappy dresses?

Delaware
Level Contributor
785 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

No, those dresses are perfect and you'll feel comfortably dressed for this resort!

We just returned from our 2nd visit in July-- these few months are their low season.. Never an issue finding a lounger poolside.

5. Re: Almost last minute- EDR What to pack/not pack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 22, 2014