We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa or suite at an AI?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Villa or suite at an AI?

Hi, This past April I went on a ladies only trip (7 of us) and we stayed at Excellence RC, Club Level and we love it. I am researching an April 2014 trip for all of us and we thought that maybe a villa within a resort or a large suite would be nice. We missed not having a 'common room' to hang out in, beside the Club Lounge.

Is there any AI resort that has a villa or large suite with in the resort so that we can use all that the resort has to offer?

Thanks so much!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa or suite at an AI?

This may seem a bit strange, but try reserving one of the two Imperial suites at ERC for ONE person only (not two-- you'll see why when you check pricing). Then everybody else can stay in Club Level rooms. The Imperial suite is great for 7 to hang out. See my review (long) & especially photos at the bottom of the review at

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d499…

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa or suite at an AI?

Thanks so much BillLee. I loved your trip report on ERC. Not sure that the Imperial Suite would work, looking more for all of us being under one roof and moseying in and out of the rooms and hanging out in a common living area.

With that said, we also would like an AI. Seems that everything is geared toward couples in king beds.

Does anyone else have any ideas for us? Thanks!

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa or suite at an AI?

My Royal Master Suite at OCT was more than enough space and a huge balcony too. At El Cid they have them but the 1 bedroom probably not big enough. You need a two bedroom and it will be awesome. At NJ they have 1 bedrooms but not large enough like El Cid 1 bedroom. I think El Cid has 3 bedrooms too that are giant that you could all stay in and have a ton of common area.

4. Re: Villa or suite at an AI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 20, 2014