We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC - Booking Excursions at Hotel vs Online prior to visit

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
ERC - Booking Excursions at Hotel vs Online prior to visit

Hello fellow travelers:

We are very excited to have booked ERC for 5 Nights in early Septermber (Sept 7-12). We are only interested in a quick half day tour to Tulum and have found some prices ranging in $39-50 per person for the Tulum Express excursion. A few questions:

1) Has anyone taken this excursion from ERC and paid for it at the hotel? Does anyone remember the cost? I'm just wondering if its worth booking online or just doing it at the Hotel.

2) If we do book at the hotel? Would they offer this daily? Again I'm wondering if it might be better to book it online now and be able to pick the exact day we want vs at the Hotel where they might not have availability the specific day we want.

3) Did the excursion include a English speaking guide at the site?

Thanks!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC - Booking Excursions at Hotel vs Online prior to visit

Hello Gary,

We have stayed at ERC (in fact we will be there Sept. 11-18) and also have toured the Tulum ruins. Unfortunately we stayed at Dreams Tulum when we toured the Tulum ruins so I can't give you an exact answer, but a couple of things I can tell you.

1) I did find that the excursions that we took from ERC were cheaper online, than thru the hotel.

2) I would check on the cost of a private excursion or a cab to Tulum, and go early. We took a cab from Dreams Tulum. We got there around 8:30 and the place was pretty empty. We paid for an guide to go with us, when we got there, who spoke english. (Don't remember the cost but it wasn't very much.) We toured the place for @ one hour. We spent another hour at the beach. The beach and water at the ruins is awesome. When we went to leave @ 11:00 it was so full, that it was difficult to get out of the place. If you haven't already check out the Tripadvisor Mayan Ruins of Tulum forum.

3) You can always book online, after you get to ERC.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC - Booking Excursions at Hotel vs Online prior to visit

While there a couple of years ago we had book some excursions online. As we arrived on site we did not think the prices were any better had we booked in PM.

3. Re: ERC - Booking Excursions at Hotel vs Online prior to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014