We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers or Rain?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
godfrey, illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Showers or Rain?

Geesh, its been great for weeks and now its supposed to start raining the day we get there. Showers are ok, but day in day out rain is not acceptable. Anyone have any experience with these forecasts? It seems like the wrong time of year for constant rain, or is this just wishful thinking.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers or Rain?

I know just my luck. Looks like the front thats hanging over Texas is just going to move down and hang out over my beach chair in PDC. Contemplating whether to rescedule or not?

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers or Rain?

When we went weather.com showed rain every day!!

But...what happens is a shower or rain storm will pass through

and then be gone to sunny skies.

We were lucky...it ended up only raining one late afternoon.

We just went back to the room...some others just went to

the swim up bar and continued their party.

And then it rained another day right before dinner. We just

went to dinner and by the time we were done..the skies were

clear.

It comes and goes so fast..!! Plus there is stuff to do if it

does rain.

We took some DVD's just in case- but never used them. We did

take CD's. I highly recommend this! Just makes it more relaxing and fun!!

iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers or Rain?

Darn, I also saw that forcast. We are scheduled for the 24th through the 6th and were really looking forward to sunny skies. Last year about the same time, we ran into a lot of rain also. Just like you, we have been watching and saw nothing but blue skies and no rain. Does Dos Equis taste as good in the rain as in the sun?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers or Rain?

I was there the first of February. It was cloudy most days; only a couple of days of total sunshine. But even with the clouds, I got a tan! We played a little pool when it rained, and sat in one of the restaurants, ate appetizers, and dranks lots of beer. Our last full day, it was cloudy all day, and actually a little chilly on the beach. I wrapped up in a towel a couple of times, but every time the sun broke out, I threw off the towel to catch a little sun.

I think you're right; it's the wrong time of year for all-day rain...you'll probably just get passing showers...and you'll still manage to have a great time!