We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

Hi all, in case my PM new friend doesn't see my message :) Is the hair shampoo in the rooms good enough to get your hair clean without overdrying it? Are hairdryers automatically in the room or do you have to request one? Will I need a converter for my cell phone and camera chargers? Thanks all, starting to get excited about our trip on Sept 3 for our daughters destination wedding!! But wow, the packing list is growing, yikes!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

Don't know about the shampoo, always take my own.

Yes - hairdryers in room. Ours was in the drawer under the sink vanity.

No converter needed, same outlet as US.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

Thanks Shelb! We have SO much stuff to bring that I am going to try and use hotel amenities for a change I think rather than carry my own shampoo. Every ounce counts! Hopefully someone else may have an opinion.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

We stay at the EDM and they use they same products across all El Dorado resorts. I have very sensitive skin and did not have a problem with it at all. While the shampoo is not that conditioning, it is perfectly acceptable especially when paired with the conditioner. The containers that they leave are larger tubes (probably about 3 oz each) and I would use a whole conditioner each day as my hair turns to knots when wet. The conditioner provided was certainly good enough to get out the tangles and do a decent job of conditioning. Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

Thanks Akandal, I also have sensitive skin so this is good news!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

The one area you don't want to skimp on is the sunscreen! If you run out it's really expensive to get more at the gift shop. Another must is a small travel umbrella - you never know when a sudden storm might crop up especially in the rainy season. Also consider taking a small flashlight each - if it gets really windy sometimes there are power outages. Other than that, the hotel amenities usually take care of the rest. Have a wonderful time!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

our room had a large umbrella in the closet. needed to use it just about everyday in early June. That's when the storms hit. we were walking thru ankle deep water in many parts of the resort.

the flashlight is a good idea. even with the strong storms, we never had a power outage, but the lighting in the restaurants at dinner time is dim, so it helped to read the menu.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

OK thanks! The flashlight is something Hubbie always packs and its a little one so I can take it in the restaurants. We've been to a number of Caribbean-hot places so I do know how pricey the sunscreens can get! I always pack my own anyway as my skin is sensitive, luckily lots of them now come in 3 oz sizes :) We'll see if there's room for one of the umbrellas as I hadn't heard about that one until now! I'd hate to have a shower happen as we're walking to the wedding spot on the beach.

8. Re: Packing list for El Dorado Royale questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 26, 2014