We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC upgrades

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ERC upgrades

Anyone recently try and upgrade their room at the Excellence Riviera Cancun (ERC) when they arrived to check in? We were thinking of upgrading when we arrive (Sunday, June 16), but when I search the travel sites right now to see if the club rooms and swim-up suites are available they appear to be all booked (just the honeymoon suites are available). If you've had experience with this pls. advise. Thx.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ERC upgrades

Aaah, now I understand. Thanks for the context, Emma. And to your point, I've e-mailed the resort inquiring re: upgrades/stating room preferences. Haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I will today.

12. Re: ERC upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, June 12, 2013
13. Re: ERC upgrades

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:02 pm, June 12, 2013
14. Re: ERC upgrades

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, June 18, 2013
Edited: 10:20 pm, June 18, 2013
15. Re: ERC upgrades

Removed on: 8:35 pm, June 12, 2013
16. Re: ERC upgrades

Removed on: 9:35 pm, June 12, 2013
Kent England
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: ERC upgrades

Hi Scott, Have you had any response through FB?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,894 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: ERC upgrades

Come on folks can we not all get on and get back to what TA should be all about - caring and sharing

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: ERC upgrades

I have to ask: Is it not possible to keep this thread focused on trying to assist the OP with his questions? scottleewalker is a relatively new member, with very legitimate concerns. Scott, so sorry that your thread has been hijacked.

Also sorry that I can't provide any help re your current questions. However, I can say that my husband & I spent a lovely 2 week vacation at ERC, but it was almost 5 years ago. We had actually booked to go back in Nov. 2011, but a devastating medical issue forced us to cancel. Hopefully Nov. 2013 will be a different story!! : )

Your time is getting close now, and we wish you a VERY happy vacation.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,894 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: ERC upgrades

Totally agree

The best person to contact would be Mariana who is the Guest Services Manager

publicrelations.xrc@excellence-resorts.com

The resort is around 89% occupancy just now so the scope to upgrade to certain room types may be limited

As you are arriving just in a few days you may want to just pick up the phone and call them on their toll free number and see what the situation is

Either way am sure you will have a wonderful time as everyone we have talked to over the past few days is having a great time