We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams riviera / and some questions !

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Hi guys,

We travel to cancun 2nd July it will be our first time. I have a couple of questions maye someone can answer for me :-)

1. We will be coming from Ireland so us$ is not our currency should we change some € to $ for tipping. How much do people tip Roughly ?

2. We will use out cards when we get the and planned and going to ATM to withdraw peso as we need it. Is there an ATM in Dreams riviera ?

3. What temps are we likely to hit during the day in July ? And are we likely to need light coat in evenings ?

4. We would like to swim with dolphins with our son he is 3 and half would this age be aloud and where is best place to do this ?

5. is there a Michael kors store anywhere in cancun ??

6. We booked trough a travel agent here in Ireland but would like to chance and free upgrade if possible do u think it possible to contact hotel directly and ask ? And if so when would e best time to do so ? Month or week before we arrive ?

Thanks in advance guys , I know lots of questions there but if appreciate any advice :-)

Linda

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Dreams Riviera is not in Cancun. It is in Puerto Morelos. This is the one in Cancun with the Dolphins tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d152887…

Edited: 7:54 pm, May 19, 2013
Cancun
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Q:3. What temps are we likely to hit during the day in July ? And are we likely to need light coat in evenings ?

A: No, no light coat needed in July, only in Dec - March light sweater, this year was not needed one, was warm around + 25'C all time, in Luly is humid & temp at night around + 27'C

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Hi thanks for your replays I know I am in puerto Morelos I was wondering where is best to swim with dolphins ?

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

1. regarding the currency...since you already need to exchange money..I would just exchange into pesos.

3. it is very hot and humid in july..no need for any sweater.

4.. I believe you can book the dolphin excursion at dreams cancun with the concierge when you get there.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

I believe Dreams Puerto Aventuras has the Dolphins now which might be closer than the one in Cancun but im not sure

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

1) Agree if you are going to exchange anyway, why not just get pesos only. Tipping is subjective, but I do $5-$10 for sit down dinners, $2-$4 for buffets, $1-$3 for each round of drinks, $1-$2 per bag for bellhop, money and gifts for housekeeping.

2) There was an ATM in April 2012

3) High temps - HOT

4) I highly doubt your 3 year old will be allowed to swim with the dolphins, but check around - there are a couple different companies (Dreams, Dolphinias, XCaret).

5) No clue - sorry.

6) You can definitely contact the resort directly, I would do it 2 weeks out and then follow up within 1 week out.

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Thanks guys for your replies they are really helpful.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
324 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

Three year old granddaughter was able to swim with the dolphins at Dreams in Cancun, you can arrange this at the resort.

9. Re: Dreams riviera / and some questions !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 22, 2014