We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Counting days till we head down.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Counting days till we head down.

We have officially started the day counting and are breaking out the suitcases etc. We stayed at the ERC back in Jun 2011 and found it to be a really great place. This trip back is the first time we have ever done a return trip to a resort down there. I am assuming the restaurants still work the same, no reservations, just be there early if you want to make sure you get into the popular ones. Also am anxious to frequent the Martini Bar again. I thought that was a great concept and really enjoyed it last time. We stay in the Excellence Club area with an ocean front room. The view last time was like it came off of a post card. One of the reasons for the return. My favorite time of day is sunrise on balcony, cup of coffee and a cigar. Makes the whole day for me. Anyway, no real questions here, just putting out we are excited to be going again. We originally started going down and stayed at the Palaces (Moon, Sun, Cancun) and then went to the Iberostar Grand. The ERC though, holds it's own for it's own reasons.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Counting days till we head down.

Have a great trip. Make sure to get some time in town too. Could not agree with morning coffee and cigar on the balcony more. Every day on every trip.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Counting days till we head down.

17 days to EDCR.

Plains, TX
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Counting days till we head down.

We will join everyone at ERC on May 7th!!!! We can't wait!!!

4. Re: Counting days till we head down.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014