We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Cafes?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Internet Cafes?

I will be staying at the Now Jade in April, in the non-preferred side of the resort. While there, I don't want to pay large fees for wi-fi that does not seem to be reliable. Are there any internet cafes or similar places in Puerto Morelos? Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Cafes?

> Are there any internet cafes or similar places in Puerto Morelos?

Yes, there is Playnet Cafe Internet, kitty-corner from the plaza (near the church. (See item 107 in the map at http://vivapuertomorelos.com/map_of_square.html). I didn't go there because of reliable WiFi where I was staying, but I've heard they provide very good service.

I'm also under the impression that some eateries provide free WiFi to patrons. Try "El Nicho" restaurant and Amamcia's Cafe right at that same intersection. (Right in that same area the people at the "Alma Libre" book store could probably suggest other options.) - Good luck1

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Cafes?

Excellent, I will definitely check out your suggestions! Thank you!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Cafes?

Excellent, I will definitely check out your suggestions! Thank you!

midwest
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Cafes?

There is reported to be free WiFi in the main square, but I have not heard whether it works well or not.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Cafes?

I cant speak specifically to your question but I did want to tell you when I was at NJ I found the WIFI to be good. I was preferred.

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet Cafes?

It works

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet Cafes?

Cantina Habanero also offers open access to their WiFi

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet Cafes?

Take me there, When we stayed at the Now Jade, a few years ago, we stayed in the non preferred and the WiFi was excellent, although, I believe we paid $ 70 extra..so, not cheap, but, it was convenient.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet Cafes?

Yes, I have heard that we can pay for the wifi. My fiancee is not really into this idea.. He wants to have an "unplugged" holiday per se.

10. Re: Internet Cafes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 13, 2014