We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach good water

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
best beach good water

Which resort along the Rivera Maya has the best beach and water?

What AL with good food variety as well? Any suggestions? Marg

Eden Prairie...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach good water

The Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen is nice.

Alberta
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach good water

Marg I've been to the Mayan a dozen times and personally, I believe that farther south you go the better the beaches get. South of Playa it just seems to get better and better.

Ask your self what would you like to do while you're there, and then find a resort that is relatively close to all you would like to experience. Most of the more popular excursions are south of Playa, so if you don't plan to go into Playa, go farther south. If you do, then maybe look at the Playacar area for a resort. Very nice beaches in Playacar, and an easy walk north on the beach to go into Playa if you want. Akumal, Puerto Aventuras and the Tulum areas are all very nice too.

Any 4-5 star AI should have good food, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Besides, food preference is a very individual thing. What one person raves about another hated. All the buffets and Ala Cartes I've ate at have been comparable. Some a little better or worse than others, but overall consistent. Generally, larger resorts will have larger buffets and more Ala Cartes to chose from.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach good water

Maroma is north of PDC and it is one of the best beaches in the area. Try to stay away from places south of Cancun to just south of Puerto Morelos.

Although the images are a little old, Good Earth is an ok source for checking things out.

canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach good water

Duckbilled, is there public access to Maroma beach? If so, where? We are traveling by rental car.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach good water

I agree with Duckbilled,We have stayed at SMB and Catalonia Playa Maroma as the Resorts are right next to each other and share the same beach and Ocean.The sand is soft white in color and the water is turquoise with no rocks or shells,nice 2 to 3 foot waves coming in to swim in,And plenty of Angel fish to greet you when swimming.. The food at both Resorts are very tasty also..Good luck.

Jon

Tucson, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best beach good water

What is SMB?

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best beach good water

Secrets Maroma Beach

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best beach good water

Tulum or Akumal, IMO.

9. Re: best beach good water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014