We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report- First time to PM (continued) Day 6 and 7

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report- First time to PM (continued) Day 6 and 7

We got up early for breakfast at Dona Triny's. We had to go back, the food was great, but even if it wasn't, I would go back just for the great service. The same waiter was working. We wanted to go early since Gary wanted to snorkel and we had been told by several snorkel guys that the best time to go is between 8:30 and 10:30. I had the chilaquiles and Gary had some regular american breakfast. It was yummy but the chilaquiles was enough for two people and I couldn't eat it all (okay, maybe we had eaten a little something at Amar Inn beforedhand lol).

So after breakfast, Gary geared up and I got ready for the beach. He went with the same company again since it was convenient and they were close to Amar Inn. They charged him more this time but I'm assuming that was because it was just one person instead of both of us. We understood since they were willing to take just 1 person out. After Gary left, I parked myself on the beach bought a chair for $40 pesos. I'm happy to just camp on a towel but for that price, it seemed worth it. This was really the first time that I went to the beach. After I had settled in at my new spot Gary's boat came back to pick up one more passenger. I lounged around and had fun watching so many locals coming to the beach and enjoying the day with their families. I had several pina coladas from the snorkel place and bought some fresh coconut from a guy walking the beach. Gary came back and had some great photos of the reef, a black fish with bright blue dots that looked like lights, a perfect photo of a ray and a turtle. Pretty good for a guy that can hardly see without glasses.

We managed to get hungry again a few hours later and HAD to go back to Tacos.com. We both ordered the same thing and it was fabulous but I was a TINY bit disappointed because he didn't bring me the same pink chipotle sauce. The black kitty who looks like she is carrying 21 babies was there again and I "accidentally" left my dogfood bag on the ground and she happily helped herself to it. The couple at the next table told me "that cat is eating something out of your bag". I explained that it was dog food for anyone and they laughed. I'm not sure how the business owners feel about people feeding non-paying clientele so I try to be sneaky about it.

I know we sound like total hogs but just keep in mind that we rarely eat dinner and spend our whole days walking. We only spent two days out of seven being beach slugs.

Of course, we ended the night at ESF and of course Gary bought me the earrings I had been coveting. The most touching thing was Ruben had wrapped them up for us and told me to please open it and inside was the fish bottle opener that I loved. He told us it was his gift to us. I may have cried. It was so sweet.

We had to say goodbye to Ruben, Magnolia, Mario and Jose and I may have cried again. They are such special people and I will miss them until next time.

Leaving

The next day we caught a cab from Amar Inn. We had a sweet young guy who spoke a lot of english. I had to compliment him as I did Mario and Ruben. I am so impressed with people who can fluently speak two languages. I am trying to learn and can appreciate how hard it is. I really enjoyed talking to our cab driver. He had an 8 month old baby and was so proud. You could tell that his family was everything in the world to him. He told me he hadn't cared if he had a boy or a girl, just that he had a healthy baby which they did. I am not Catholic, but what I (and Gary) thought was the coolest thing was, as we were getting on the highway, he touched his rosary beads and crossed himself. After the accident Gary and I saw on the way to PM, I didn't think this was such a bad idea either.

The end,

Heather

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report- First time to PM (continued) Day 6 and 7

Tips..hmm.. I think I covered everything in my reports. We would have snorkled with anyone but we went with the closet one to Amar Inn for convenience. It was near a blue massage tent that had Azul in the name. I was glad we went with that one because both times there was no more than 4 people on it. The ones near the square looked like they had a lot more people in them.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have if I can.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip Report- First time to PM (continued) Day 6 and 7

Thanks - we'd probably prefer a boat with fewer people on it as well!

13. Re: Trip Report- First time to PM (continued) Day 6 and 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014