We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

We are going to DRC in Aug this year. Does anyone have any plan / lists of room numbers so I can email them with a hopeful request?

New York
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

I emailed them with some questions and requests but got a very generic email back.

I found this one myself.

normandbrownyard.info/wp-content/uploads/201…

I hope it helps

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

Great - thanks very much!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

According to that map, the D's and E's are preferred, so you would have to book that category.

The resort is small, so every room is close to everything.

It would be more pool view, inside facing vs outward facing.

Low floor vs. high floor.

First floor rooms around the inside perimeter are mostly plunge pool, again a category that you would have to book.

I hope that helps!

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

Preferred rooms are not just in E... those are the Preferred Ocean Front... Sec A is Preferred Ocean View. Not sure about D. (I just booked a Preferred OV room recently & DRC website said it's in sec A.)

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

They are in D as well. There is a walkway ...to the left are preferred to the right are not. We were in C, bottom floor plunge pool both times.

A is really more pool view than ocean view, especially on the low floors.

We haven't been there since march 2011, they didn't use those letter then. It was just building 1 or 2. We were in 1120 and 1116.

New York
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

do you know which section is prefered club plunge pool? that is what I booked and I couldnt' get a straight answer from the reort what section those would be. I would hate to be in section A with a plunge pool with so much traffic going by. Doesn't seem to "preferred" to me. I would think areas D and E would be more a preferred area for plunge pools

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

I believe you would be in D or E facing INSIDE the resort. The ends of E and A look to be the upgraded master/honeymoon suites, because they have much larger patio areas.

Honestly, the plunge pool rooms especially the preferreds are NOT private. People are walking back and forth from the beach and pool all day long.

the plunge pools are only separated by a little fence. So when your neighbors kids are bellyflopping into their pool...you get the picture ;)

I have read reviews that ppl in the preferred plunge pools actually got drink service because the servers were going by. Nice perk! :)

"preferred" is really just a room closer to the ocean.

I really don't mean to be "down" on it. We absolutely loved our plunge pool rooms and the resort...enough to go back again. We never revisited a resort, except for this one.

I just want you to have a realistic picture of what it really is, so you won't be disappointed.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

Well, DRC's website indicates that Preferred ocean view rooms w/ plunge pools are in Sec A. Click on the preferred tab on the site for more info. I wonder if the website is not correct, though? It seems suspect that the Ocean Front (Master Suite, Honeymoon, Presidential) are all that's in E given how large that section looks relative to A/Ocean View. Hmmm, I don't know!

New York
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

shoney...we are going with our kids and we booked the plunge pool because I figured they could swim around and cool off while I had privacy in the room to be able to shower and get dressed. I booked the preferred club so we could have a better location and for the free wifi in the rooms. I am one of those people who are incapable of disconnecting.

We had a plunge pool on our RTT when we went to EPM and loved it. I am not expecting any privacy like we had there but having the pool was nice when you wanted to get away from the crowds of the main pools.

I guess we will find out when we get there...107 days to go..

Edited: 2:49 pm, February 13, 2013
long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun - room plans

That is not correct! There are definately plunge pool preferreds along d and e. You can tell the difference because preferreds have jacuzzi's as well as the plunge pool. Standards do not.

There are only a couple of rooms on those A end caps.

Same with E. the larger rooms are only on the ends.

If you look at this review you can see the preferred plunge pool rooms.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d155…

Also, try posting on their facebook page. I'm sure someone with a better memory than me can help! LOL