We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Silvesands Deals?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joplin, Mo and San...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets Silvesands Deals?

My wife and I have decided to stay at SSS to celebrate our anniversary and my return from a deployment. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to book the vacation? AMresorts offers a 10 percent military discount but I do not know how valid that is. Would an TA be able to lock in the military discount with whatever discount they are able to get? Or would it be one or the other? Any suggestions, hints, secrets or advice is very much appreciated. Below you wll find exactly what we are looking for

5 Days at SSS. May 31st to 5th of June /preferred club ocean front.....

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

I didn't get any deal, but I booked thru Apple Vacations, air and rooms at SSS..

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

Don't know about any other sites that offer a military discount but, you can always ask. We use a travel agent who is wonderful and will match any price you can find on the internet. If you want her name, pm me and I'll give it to you.

SSS is nice - loved everything about it but the sea. It's full of iron rock and you really can't go into the water without water shoes.

Joplin, Mo and San...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

It seems like Apple vacations is the best deal so far. Thanks. Any advice on rooms or things to do while we are staying at SSS?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

Check all the major sites (Expedia, bookit, etc.) and go through the specials page on AMresorts (going direct through them on one of their deals was cheapest for us one time). I would also contact a travel agent to see what they could do; they may know about other discounts. We use Tami at Tripsurfer and she is wonderful.

I hope you have a wonderful trip, and thank you so much for your service!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

We always check Apple, Funjet, Expedia, Book It and a few others. Play around with the dates if you are able. We find that sometimes the price can fluctuate several hundred dollars between the different sites, AND between different arrival and departure dates. Secrets brands do go on sale, I think in late winter, but I'm not sure. If you book now be sure to get travel insurance that includes a refund of the difference if the price goes down. Secrets Silversands is a very nice resort. We've stayed there a couple of times and always enjoyed the food. The beach is rocky in front of the resort, but a short walk north on the beach and it is swimmable.

I, too, thank you for your service to our country. I hope you have a great vacation!

Joplin, Mo and San...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

Thank you for your help. We found a great deal on Bookit. Plus they have a 400 resort credit and a free suite upgrade! Again thank you for all the help...

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

Justin , thanks so much for your service , hope you and your wife have a wonderful vacation !!

8. Re: Secrets Silvesands Deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 22, 2013