We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cookery questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cookery questions

We are currently in Playa del Carmen and wife is doing cooking class Nov. 22( thanksgiving day). Is the ado bus our best option for transportation to and from? Will we need to take a taxi once we get off the ado to get there? I plan on snorkeling while my wife is doing the cooking course, will I have a problem having someone taking me out on the reef or is there a chance I could go out with other people? Where do we catch the ado on our return and should we buy round trip tickets to begin with? Thanks for any advice.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cookery questions

ADO drops you at the highway, where you catch a cheap taxi to the square - 20p I believe. Don't buy round-trip tickets for the bus, since you want to be flexible on return time. To get back to the highway, just ask a taxi to take you to the ADO stop. Taxis hang out at the square where there's a sign with the standard (and shocking) fares to tourist destinations, and cheap fares to locals' destinations (like the ADO stop).

There's a cooperative in an office by the tilted lighthouse (just past the square) that runs good snorkelling trips for 300p or US$25. There are other operators too, some more expensive. I had a great trip with the coop.

Within a block of the square you'll find lots of restaurants and bars. Enjoy.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cookery questions

Via hero- thank you so much for the valuable information, much appreciated !

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cookery questions

De nada, my pleasure.

PS, on the way back, mention to the taxi driver you want ADO going south. The stops will be on opposite sides of the highway (I think).

4. Re: Cookery questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 16, 2013