We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tide Pools?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Tide Pools?

Getting all revved up for my third trip to P.M. and have a question.

I enjoy spending some time sitting on the rocks of the tide pools and watching the smaller sea dwellers conduct business. But so far I haven't found any from walking the beach as far as I have gone.

I stay in town near the beach and wonder if there are any within walking distance. If not, where would be the most enjoyable daytrip nearby to get my little sea-creature fix?

No glitz necessary. Just some nice, natural spot.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tide Pools?

Try Punta Brava. It's about 5 km South of town. A taxi can take you most of the way, but there will be some walking involved once you hit the beach. Go to maps.google.com and put in the following:

20.812526,-86.904688

I have been there many times, and never seen another soul. You'll know you're there when you see the small beacon/light. It's very peaceful, but the best place to catch some waves/tide nearby. The reef shelters the PM area so well that there simply aren't many rocky areas with tides.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tide Pools?

Thanks, ItsOverJonny. Such a precise answer!

Glad to hear there's something close. It will fill out my vacation to a tee.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tide Pools?

ItsOverJonny, do you call a taxi when you are ready to return or do you make arrangements ahead of time for him to pick you up at a specified time?

Looks like it would be quite a walk to the carretera after some hours in the sun.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tide Pools?

Either way. If you have a local cell phone you should be able to have a taxi come get you, or pre-arrange with the driver that drops you off. Worst case - walk to Now Jade and catch a cab there.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tide Pools?

That must be that developed area to the north?

Thanks.

6. Re: Tide Pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 16, 2013