We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver
3 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

I was there with my wife and 3 kids...happy to help you out.

Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

Sorry to jump in but just got back from the Sensatori too, we only traveled with one child aged 10 but she loved the kids club. A couple of days she choose to spend the whole day there- they have a booking daily at Spoons the buffet where they take the kids for lunch- on these days we went around the adult only bar. She also opted for the club most evenings 7.30-9.30, we got her dinner either room service or spoons and then went out to one of the other places, picking her up in time for dessert . They do a kids show from 8-9 most evenings and she loved going with the friends she made.

We also used the childminder one evening it is $15 an hour but if you opt for the kids club rather than in your room you don't pay for the two hours they are open anyway- we used this to go to Le Chique.

Ref the excursions we booked through Lomas before we went but they have a rep in the reception and you can book there, we did the catamaran trip to isla muerjes which was excellent, we also did the hummer jungle tour which involves AVT's, zip wires and swimming in an underground lake.

I would also recommend the Captain Hook trip, which is an evening excursion- it's so much fun, again good for adults and kids.

There isn't a 'good' cup of coffee anywhere but there is a fab coffee area with swinging beds and they also have icecream and soft drinks to help yourself too. In Zavas the did do me a true americano but the coffee itself is just not that great.

If you tell any of the restaurants that you have any foody requirements ( I have a nut allergy) they will accommodate it and make something speially for you.

Hope that is of some help.

Edited: 6:20 pm, November 11, 2012
minnesota
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

Hi - reading your review and we are thinking of booking the Catermarn trip - as you recommended it. How did you book this trip? What did it cost?

thanks

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

Hi, going to the Sensatori on the 19th Jan 2013, did you use any taxi services, quite fancy a night in One of the nearby towns, but saw somewhere the hotel has a fixed price of $150 return which sounded a lot, any advice or tips ?

cheers in advance

R

ps

did you tip the staff everyday or once a week or at the end of the stay, never been to Mexico so dont know the tipping etiquette

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
248 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

We are trying to decide between the Azul and the Dreams Riviera. We have travelled a lot and like the Puerto Morelos area. Does anyone know how close they are? I understand that the kids club is for over 4's but the babysitting can be done in the club for the younger ones too I think. Can anyone confirm that for me? Anyone been to both? Thanks

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

I stayed at the Sensatori last april and am going to Dreams Riviera Cancun In February.I believe they are pretty close. Sensatori was fine but I have been to two other Dreams properties (DPC and Dreams Puerta Aventuras) and felt the entertainment was better at Dreams both day and night. So we chose another Dreams again...

Edited: 7:49 pm, January 10, 2013
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

stayed at this hotel twice 2010 and 2012. have stayed in premium sections both times. food good.

beach bbq each lunchtime, mexican ,caribbean ,italian , buffet and adults only. Also room service as well. plenty to do or just to chill. excellent hotel and would go back tomorrow, service is fantastic. we we recognised wherever we went last time. take time to get to know staff. they appreciate the time to chat with you

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

Hi! I am going in January and wanted to ask a couple questions, firstly do you take dollars or pesos to use for excursions, spa and tipping? Secondly what's a fair amount to tip (never done all-inclusive before!), thirdly do uk DVDs work in the DVD players in the room (yes I'm going to Cancun and I'm taking a box set, for shame!)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

cumnor33, the staff are this properties biggest asset they appreciate tips but do not expect them . They deserve to be tipped but it's up to you. I would advise that you take $1 & $5 bills set aside for tips.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

Coming from the UK, just get pesos. They will take US $ though if you have them on hand.

This is what I use for tipping, in US$. Not written in stone, tip what you feel like for good service, not to get good service. I also tip daily because you may not have the same housekeeper or server each day.

You are going to get a lot of different advice about tipping at an AI, the best advice I can offer is to tip what you feel comfortable with.

Some will tip more, some won't tip at all because they have booked an "all inclusive" which states (or they have been told by their travel agent) that all tips are included. I'm using US dollars, others will say pesos are best.

$2 per day for housekeeping

$1 per day for turn down service at night

$2 - $4 for bell boy depending on amount of luggage

$1 - inside mini fridge because the housekeeper usually doesn't do this

$2 - for buffets if you mainly serve yourself

$5 - for a la carte restaurants

$2 - for wait service at the beach, pool, or bar, but not for every round

Sometimes we'll tip other staff you normally wouldn't think of tipping, like the bathroom attendant, gardeners, person who sweeps up around the resort or on the beach, etc. If you do this, do it discreetly, you don't want to embarrass anyone.

If I've missed anyone, I'm sure others will chime in.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Just got back from Azul Sensatori...any questions?

That's great thank you!