There is a lot of activity going on as we end October and step into November. Here are few.
1. EL Pirata Restaurant has re-opened at their new location, on Ave Rojo Gomex, across the street from Cantina Habinero. A lot larger and a very nice decor inside. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. El Nicho (The Niche) is a new restaurant located on the square in the space previously occupied by L'Oazis. The chef, Pablo Espinosa, who has been the chef at The Little Mexican Cooking School ( http://thelittlemexicancookingschool.com/) and his wife Maureen will opening within the week. Breakfast and Lunch.
3. A new European-style bakery has just opened as well. Uwe’s Panaderia estilo Europeo is located on Rojo Gomez next to El Pirata and across from Cantina Habanero. Open mornings with fresh bread and muffins daily. ( http://www.panaderia-puerto-morelos.com/engl/ )
4. Halloween will be celebrated by a walk through town for Trick or Treaters Wed at 5:00pm starting at the park. If you are going to be here and wish to hand out candy you can do so at the park or at Casa Caribe, where Cantrina Brown has volunteered to host visitors who wish to participate.
5. Cantina Habanero will be holding their annual Halloween Costume contest and party starting at 7:30 pm ( http://cantinahabanero.com/ ) The famous rock band, Vertigo 777 will be performing. ( http://www.vertigo777.com/ )
6. Día de los Muertos, (Day of the Dead) takes place on Nov 1st & 2nd. There will be exhibits and a contest for the traditional memorial altars honoring the deceased in the park..