We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hey Guys,

We are due to be at the ERC on Oct 13 for a couple weeks. I have been monitoring the weather daily for the last couple weeks and it seems to be calling for rain every day. Yet anything I read on here suggests the weather is currently awesome.

Is weather network wrong or is it only raining for like a 1/2 hour at a time?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather

SirRyasus - no-one can predict how much rain there will be in the future. Historically speaking, we were at ERC Sept 14th to the 24th and three days it rained sometime between 11PM and 6AM. Only one day, Sept 21st, it was cloudy and rained in the morning so that day we went to Cancun for the day. Yet the forecast said scattered showers or isolated thunderstorms every day we were there.

This is still the rainy season I believe, at least it was in September.

Best advice I can give is don't look at the weather forecasts, they will drive you crazy and you can't do anything about the weather. Plus a rainy day in paradise is still fantastic.

Katzar - I'm surprized you haven't responded :)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather

that's right. Katzar does weather. sig does timeshares. my bad.

@NoSnow - did you see the 1 star review for ERC? I always get a bit excited to click on the review page and see a one or two star review. Must read immediately! ;-)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather

Hi Chief .... yes I read that this morning. Our last vacation there was every bit as good as our first one in 2010. We've been there 20 days so far now and it's by far our favorite resort in Mexico.

Funny thing - that Lobster House / Grill building is massive. They were part way done re-roofing (re-thatching) the Lobster House side when we arrived on the 14th and the entire place was almost finished on the 24th and opened a couple days after we left. Any time I walked by there were 10+ people either removing the old grass or putting new on. Can you imagine sitting on that roof for 12+ hours a day, every day in over 90F temperatures and pure sunshine. Although a little bummed that it was out of commission for the entire time we were there I'm very impressed at how quickly they got the roof replaced.

And service was every bit as good this time as last time we were there.

Everyone has a different experience I guess.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather

Thanks for the info guys. I know weather cant be predicted, just wanted to guage peoples experience who have been there this time of year.

I shall take the advice and stop looking at weather forecasts.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather

sorry for my tardiness but some of you certainly learned how to read and can understand percents well enough to teach the OPer how to read a forecast? Maybe?

The forecast cites percents read them, 30% is a fairly low percent so no it doesnt call for rain everyday. How did you get from 30% chance to rain everyday? Words like isolated and scattered have meaning.....they mean isolated and scattered so certainly dont suggest rain everyday do they. When the UV index says exreme that should suggest lots of UV going to be around.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather

The average number of days of rain in this area is only around 60/year. Rain is in fact a rarity here. We may get a 2-3 day stretch of on-again, off-again rain showers but seldom. As a rule, everyday day I assume that it is not going to rain and I am always more right than wrong.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Weather

Hey Katzgar,

You are clearly the master of weather. I apologize on behalf of all us simple minded fools who are can't hold a candle to your level of meteorology. Having said that, the source I use to get my 14 day weather forecast does not include a POP forecast, it just indicates rain or not. If you have an alternate recommendation for me to view the forecast, I am open ears.

PM - thanks for the heads up.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,028 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Weather

Frank (expoert) has put averages over in Top Question

1 site I like that gives amount of rain (but would not bet the farm on it) is

myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

Mot of the time, it states "More sun than cloud'

Syracuse, Utah
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Weather

Vancouversund...

Thank you for sharing that website!! It is a lot more comprhensive than weatherchannel.com!!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Weather

every weather website out there has different forecasts from the other so just pick the one thats best and stay away from the BBC, CNN and CBC cause they suck worst. Going to a weather forecast is really more about a personal issue then anything adult as worrying about that which is beyond you is foolish.