We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ado Bus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Eagan, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Topic
Ado Bus

Is it safe to take ADO bus from Cancun Airport to Puerto Morelos? I am a little worried about having our luggage on bus. Any information helps. Thanks

Gtown, WI
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ado Bus

i am going to the Bahia Principe south of Playa and wondering how far ADO takes you and if I can take a collectivo the rest of the way. I have been to the Bahia before and taken collectivos to and from PDC

Central America
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Ado Bus

Safe and secure as all luggage (other than carry-ons) is stored below the bus and tagged to your destination. Upon departing the bus, just hand your stub(s) to the driver as you point to your bags and you are good to go!

Gtown, WI
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ado Bus

OK now my wife wants something closer to cancun so I am looking at the Ocean Turquesa which is 20 minutes south of Cancun. Does the bus stop there, stop on the highway, and does anyone know if I need to take a cab to from stop to resort

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ado Bus

The ADO bus stops at Puerto Morelos ONLY before Playa del Carmen. There are taxis waiting.

Edited: 9:59 am, October 31, 2012
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ado Bus

Looks like Ocean Turquesa is much close to the Cancun airport than Puerto Morelos.

Gtown, WI
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Ado Bus

so taxi or these other transfer companies are the only options? does a collectivo run from airport down that way. I have taken them before when we stayed on akumal and went to PDC

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ado Bus

No colectivos from the airport. Only buses, taxis and transfer services. OC&T is 10 miles from the airport and only 2 miles from PM. Am ADO bus to PM and then a taxi to OC&T will be cheaper than a transfer service or taxi from the airport.

Puerto Morelos...
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Ado Bus

Thanks for the information re: ADO. Where in Puerto Morelos can we buy ADO tickets going back to Cancun Airport? In PM town square? Or is the only place the Farmacia Paris in Colonia?

We've been told that the ADO won't stop in Colonia unless they are told there are people who have bought their tickets? True?

Or can we just go up to Colonia and hop on the next ADO bus?

We also hear that they run frequently...like every 10 minutes???

Thanks, tons. We're lost with the Alma Bookstore...still closed for the off-seasn.

Have fun in PM!! We love it here!

Susan

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,599 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Ado Bus

Good information from Puerto Morelos. As he says, your best choice will be ADO to PM and then the taxi to OC&T. The buses from the airport do not run every 10 minutes.. take a look at the schedule on the ADO site.

www.ado.com.mx

Puerto Morelos...
2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Ado Bus

Where can we buy tickets now that we are in Puerto Morelos and need to catch plane tomorrow from Cancun Airport? Colonia? or PM town square?

Thanks!!!