We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
coventry
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

Having been to EPM twice we are trying ERC i am looking for tinformation on the best view rooms which are not part of the excellence club up grade

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

The best view of what, the spa,main pool, ocean? Are swim up or a higher floor?

coventry
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

I would be staying non Ec but would like to be able to see some of the ocean from a higher floor if possible.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

The top floors in 6a or 6c would afford you an ocean view. The views, from the middle two floors on these buildings, can be obscured by palm trees but, they did receive some severe pruning this April so that may not be an issue now. However, I'm unsure whether those top floor rooms are at a premium rate.

Perhaps someone could offer advice on my suggestion or, alternatively, an, alternative!!!!

John

P.S. The buildings have four floors and, as you know, we from the UK refer to these as ground, two three and four, but, our US buddies across the pond think of them as floors one, two, three and four!

The room numbers at ERC are four digits in length, the first the building number, the second the floor where '0' is the ground floor then one, two and three. The last two digits, the room number.

So, either be specific with a room number request or, be careful how you describe the floor level you desire!

I've just had a look at traveller photos (filtered by 'view from room) and room 6234 has a good view but, the reviewer mentioned that it was an ocean view room and that may well attract a premium rate.

I was on the top floor of building one in April an got a glimpse of the ocean but to be honest, in my opinion, the view of the Spa and grounds was far more relaxing.

Edited: 5:01 am, August 03, 2012
coventry
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

Thankyou for your info and time

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

We just got back from ERC 2 weeks ago. The hotel put us in building 6 with an ocean view. It was beautiful! We were in room 6326. The higher you are the more you can see. Loved the room and they even had wine and hard liquor in the room...nice touch!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

JoycenDonny - Would you consider that room to be 'quiet'? We like the odd late afternoon nap before getting ready for dinner and/or the odd evening, sometimes it's just nice to head back to the room earlier in the evening - 9:30, 10ish...and just don't want to hear the pounding of music, etc.

Thanks, JO

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,954 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

I like building 6. Buildings 3 and 4 face the ocean and look over the spa. You'd need to be in the top two floors to see the ocean, but it's a good view.

8. Re: Non excellence rooms with best view at ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 18, 2013