We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montgomery, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

We have four kids ranging from age 3-10 and we'll be traveling the first week of June. For people that have been there, is it kid friendly? Do they include kids in the activities? Are there any kids there? We've stayed at Dreams PA and loved it and know the NOW isn't as kid friendly, but nicer than some of the other resorts we've looked at. Our other option is Sandos Playacar.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

I just had 3 families come back from Now Jade (all with 3 kids BTW), and they said their kids had a great time. The lids ages ranged from 5 - 11.

I've heard that there isn't as much going on for teens, but with kids the ages of yours, they'll have a great time. Also, the family suites there are wonderful for families of 5, they're almost 1500 sq. ft, 2 bathrooms, (2 joined suites, one with king and one with 2 doubles and a sofabed).

Plus, if your travel agent configures the booking properly, all 3 kids will pay next to nothing.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

Just noticed you said FOUR kids. Yep, Now Jade family suite is the way to go - lots of room for a big family.

When I was there last month the kids were having an absolute blast in the Eurobungee.

Montgomery, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

Thank you! We really liked Dreams and figured NOW would be similar, it's just Dreams is really expensive this year. I just wanted to make sure my kids weren't the only ones.

Green Oaks, Illinois
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

We have stayed in 5 resorts in the Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen area and we thought NOW Jade had the best kids club of all the resorts we were at. They also included the kids in other activities as well.

Our daughter went to the kids club at every resort.

NOW Jade was the most organized and followed the schedule of activities, where many of the other resorts did not.

We stayed at Sandos Playacar and we thought their kids club was not very good.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

Just back from a stay at the Sapphire and a vol. transfer for a day to the Jade. Kids liked the club there and I agree that the Jade was better organized but mine children liked the Sapphire, I did as well, better. Nicer grounds lobby etc.

Kids did not do any shows for us like they did in Cuba on the stage, but they had a camp out on the beach. Just depends which resort you like better.

chicaqo
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

We will be at the Now Jade the first week of June too! With 8 and 11 year old boys. Can't wait.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

we didnt have our kids w/ us but did see plenty of kids (we were there in february). i think it a fine place to take your fam.

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

So at Now Jade, did you feel that there were enough activities to do for the 10 year old? Thanks!!!

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

The Sandos Playacar has a decent kids club, but, the rooms definitely aren't as nice as the Now Jade. I fell in love with the rooms there, and, of course, service was second to none.

Geneva, Illinois
Level Contributor
346 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kid friendly at NOW resorts?

should I bring life vests for kids or will they be supplied