We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SERC Umbrellas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
SERC Umbrellas?

My wife and I are going to SERC in early April. Being from the mid-west and having fair skin I'm concerned about sunburn. At past resorts, we typically lay be the pool under an umbrella to prevent burning. I know that SERC has those grass huts poolside, but it looks like there are only a dozen or so. In addition to the huts (whatever they're called!) does SERC have umbrellas available?

Thanks in advance!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SERC Umbrellas?

Hi CLGuy! So you're trying to escape the gray, cold days we have been having, huh? (:

I do not remember umbrellas, just the pallapas. They also have loungers under arbors that have a lot of shade. I am very fair, also. Used block 50 SPF and wore a hat in the pool. We went in July - it was HOT, but there was always a nive ocean breeze. We never had a problem finding a shady spot. We had our favorite loungers under a pallapa by the main pool most of the week. Ate breakfast and went to the pool by 9:00, and we had the pick of loungers. It will prbably be a bit more crowded when you go. Enjoy!

Cleveland, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SERC Umbrellas?

Hi RM40...yes, these gray and cold NE Ohio days are getting the best of me. Thanks for the info...I hope we don't have any trouble getting a palapa. SPF50 will be purchased!