We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Missouri
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

I have heard about the dress code for the restaurants at this resort and we are traveling there in a couple weeks from now. I know the men are required to wear long pants to the fancier restaurants and that they don't want you to come into the buffet with damp clothing or straight out of the pool…Which is understandable.

I’m just trying to figure out what to pack as we are both very relaxed dressers and don't want to bring our whole closet of summer clothing! LOL

Buffet- can you wear plastic (old navy type) flip flops here? And can you wear tank tops with shorts or a swim-cover that decently covers the body?

A-La-Carte- Can woman wear dressy sandals (not plastic flip flops) like leather strappy type or do they need to be actual shoes? Are tennis shoes under long pants accepted for men in these restaurants?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

This is what Gabriella said in a recent post:

dressing code is applied for the italian and Oriental restaurant, which require long pants, close shoes, t-shirts or shirts with sleeves ( even short sleeves ) for gentlemen; no shorts, no flip flop for ladies.

Dressing code doesn't apply for kids ( but hope your kids don't look like adult :-) ) but of course no beach wear.

Kind Regards,

Gabriella Cangiano

Guest Service Manager

Ocean Coral & Turquesa

rrpp.hpc@h10.es

The buffet is a very relaxed environment, lots of people at lunch time in beach cover ups and shorts, etc. The Mexican restaurant is also relaxed..they allowed me (male) in with shorts and sandals for dinner one night.

Missouri
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

Thanks Cuba! I'm looking forward to it! I'm not certain we'll even mess with the Italian or Oriental places since we've read the complaints about long wait times. You never know though!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

In three trips we have never had a long wait...but we always go to dinner at 6:00 when they open.

Iowa
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

so kids don't have to follow the formal dress attire for those two resturants? So my son who will be 11 doesn't have to wear pants, he could wear nice dress shorts with a nice polo collar shirt and leather sandals? we like to dress up for dinner, but don't want to have to pack all these extra clothes and shoes if its not necassary.

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

Gabriella told me my 11 yr old son can wear nice shorts and a polo....I also asked if he can wear sneakers as he wont wear sandals anymore.....and I didn't want him to wear slides....

Edited: 7:32 pm, April 05, 2011
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
285 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

We were there in February and wasn't able to get a dinner reservation until after 9:30pm!!!! Also, I wore nice sandles (slide on) with no straps and had no problems. I really don't think they enforce the dress code....I saw many men in shorts going into the It. and Jap. resturants....Leaving in 8 days but unfortunately not staying at the Ocean Coral it was booked...You will LOVE the Ocean Coral!!!!

7. Re: H10-Ocean Coral and Turquesa dress code????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 26, 2012