We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
dc
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

Our travel agent is offering to get us driveler wristbands (not upgraded suites) for $25 a person a day (including our kids). Is it worth it? I don't care about the booze, but is dinner a pain without reservations? We will likely eat early in general.

Also, we are going as a big family group for a wedding. What if some get the bands and others don't - will we not be able to make a group reservation together?

Thanks!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

We were offered an upgrade to privilege at check-in of $25 per person per night. We chose not to upgrade. In the first week of February we had no issues with getting into the restaurants. Generally, we went between 6:00 and 6:30. We had the same experience when we travelled to this resort in November.

The only benefits to me of privilege is the reserved beach area, and the privilege lounge that offers beachview a la carte breakfast. But, I don't care enough about that to spend the cash.

I can't answer your question about a mixed group except that it would only be the privilege guests that can enjoy the reserved beach and privilege lounge.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
251 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

We had it and wouldn't go without. Dinner reservations -- plus you get to eat in the privelege lounge which as amazing breakfasts out side on the deck and turns into a beautiful place for dinner with amazing food. Private beach area too. I don't drink much so the booze didn't matter to me.

Iowa
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

are there other restaraunts that let you eat outside or enjoy a nice ocean view while dining? We booked our trip for November and did not go privilege either. but may decide to go that way once we get there if there.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
251 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

There are 2 places that are outside but they put up these walls around them at night so it's not true outdoor dining. privilege has the only outdoor dining without walls.

If you decided to go privilege before you leave, then you won't have to check in at the normal counter. Much faster at privilege counter.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

We enjoyed a dinner at La Petite Creperie which offered covered or outdoor seating next to the Quiet pool. There were blinds that could be pulled down, but were not and we were able to enjoy a nice view of the pool and sea beyond (although it was too dark to see the water).

Lloydminster...
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

I wouldnt bother with the upgrade, if you really want it when you get there its the same price at the hotel. and you dont need to be privelege to check in a the fancy counter, I joined club H10 on the website before we left and emailed guest services and when we got there we also checked in at the privelege counter. We also were put in a privelege suite room and had no problems getting some crown royal from the "top shelf" when we asked nicely and gave a tip.As for the dinner reservations Ior restaurants am almost positive you would not be missing out if you didnt purchase privelege. you have access to all the same restaurants except for the omyx lounge and I am sure the food is exactly the same there as it is in every other restaurant for breakfast, just a bit quieter.

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

Did you upgrade the service or both the room/service. Were the waits at the resturants long? I noticed that they have pagers so when your table is ready you go over to the resturant, you don't have to wait in line? This is our first time traveling to an all inclusive with our kids (ages 11,9 &5) and I want to make sure we have the best possible experience. thanks!

8. Re: Ocean Coral Privelege Upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 11, 2012